Boy With The Plain Face

Summary: Y/n goes to the U.A. entrance exam, finds someone she knows from her middle school, and meets some new faces along the way.

~Y/n Todoroki~

It was nerve wracking, really.

Everyone stared at you as you walked in the building and got situated in your seat around a few people from your middle school.

You weren't really friends with any of them, except for one stern face that stuck out to you the most- Tenya Ida.

You both went to Somei private academy while Shoto was homeschooled.

You both had a fair acquaintance, but you never talked outside of school.

You're glad you didn't- he seemed like a stick up the ass.

Looking around at the other examinees, you noticed that cute curly haired, plain-faced quirkless boy you met a few weeks ago. You wondered if he recognized you.

When he noticed you looking at him, his face flushed a bright red as his hand came up to wave at you shyly.

You didn't realize you were staring so as he caught you, your face was slightly flushed.

You raised your hand to wave back, before you were interrupted by a loud, booming voice.

"What's up, U.A Candidates!? Thanks for tunin' to me, your school DJ. C'mon , let me hear ya!"

Silence.

"Keeping it mellow, huh? That's fine, I'll skip straight to the main show."

You zoned out and focused on your picture on your I.D. card. You hated it. You looked too much like your father.

I hope Shoto is doing okay...

"-Hero, Present Mic! So cool! I listen to his radio show every day of the week! It's so crazy nuts that all the UA teachers are pro heroes-"

"Will you shut up?"

You heard from behind you. You snapped out of your daze to see the green haired boy flustered before he muttered an apology.

A minute later, you returned to reality to hear Ida, who was a few seats down from you, point behind him to...the green haired boy.

"-you, with the unkempt hair."

"Huh?"

"You've been muttering this entire time. Stop that. If you can't bother to take this seriously, leave. You're distracting the rest of us," he said before turning around again.

"Sorry," the boy muttered again as some of the students laughed.

He wasn't distracting me. But, to be honest, I think I was too busy distracting myself...

"All right, All right. Examinee number 7-1-1-1. Thanks for calling in the request. The fourth villain type is worth zero points. That guy's just an obstacle we'll be throwing in your way. There's one in every battle center. Think of it as a hurdle you should try to avoid. It's not that it can't be beaten, but there's...kinda no point. I recommend my listeners try to ignore it and focus on the ones toppin' the charts."

Oh dear God. You didn't want to do that much work.

"Thank you very much, please continue." Ida said.

"That's all I got for you today. I'll sign off with a little present. A sample of our school motto! As General Napoleon Bonaparte once laid down. "A true hero is one who overcomes life's misfortunes." Mm‐hm. Now that's a tasty soundbite. You ready to go beyond? Let's hear a Plus Ultra!"

Silence again.

Present Mic cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Good luck! Hope you practiced hitting more than just books..."

You stood at the starting line, waiting for the que.

This is it.

This is where you decide what your future will look like.

596 words