26. The Amir's palace.

I lost my rationale but I found you. You are my reflection now.

Faiz has been standing in the corridor of the Amir’s palace for almost an hour now. Jaasir left for his sister's chamber despite the underlying work they had to do and Faiz supported him as always. Being his supporting shadow has always been his duty and he knew that the Ameer needed it now more than ever. They were making progress but they also knew that this was the tip of the iceberg. 

Faiz rubbed the hilt of his sword with a thoughtful expression when Jaasir approached him from the stairs. Faiz turned around but frowned after seeing the Amir. 

“Arrange for the meetings now Faiz,” Jaasir instructed in a deep tone. Unlike his usual bright countenance, gloom was cleaner written on his face. He stood before Faiz sternly as he instructed but despite that, Faiz raised his right arm to block the way. 

“No, Amir,” he refused seriously. 

Jaasir scowled and demanded, “And since when did you start refusing orders Ya Faiz,” 

“You don't look like an Amir that can handle such meetings right now,” Faiz stated. “I know you to have a rationale and calm but you lose that when you are angry. What did you do?” 

“I believe it shouldn't bother you right?” Jaasir raised his eyebrows but Faiz held his gaze seriously. “What did you do Jaasir?” 

Faiz is Jaasir’s right-hand man and they have been together since childhood, so he is also his closest friend. Faiz is a guard and acts formally all the time but when he senses that something is wrong with his best friend, he knows he has to act accordingly. Just like now, who knows what the Amir did? 

Having his name called made clarity struck Jaasid again. His face melted and he quickly palmed his face. 

“Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. What have I done Faiz?” he muttered in a self blamed tone and looked at Faiz. 

Faiz held his shoulder strongly and said, “Pull yourself together Amir. You can't change what has happened already but you can fix it,” 

“I shouldn't have acted in anger,” Jaasir sighed and rubbed his temples. Never act in anger, he always tells himself this but he did just that today and he hopes he never regrets it. Who is to blame for this though? Yasmine insisted on being his concubine instead and knowing her for such a long time, the only way out for them right now and avoid future mishaps was to agree, so immediately after leaving the chambers, he went and got things ready. To think that the woman he wanted to be his wife and Amira was his concubine now was making him hate taking that decision and he was angry at her for bringing it up like that too. But nevertheless,

“Faiz,” he breathed and looked up. 

“Na’am Amir,” Faiz straightened up. 

“Arrange the meetings now. We will do as planned,” Jaasir said. Since the deed has been done, he believed it was Allah’s plan, he would accept it and set things right. 

Meanwhile, Yasmine was still in her room, sitting almost lifeless on the carpet. That was the only decision that she could take. It was risky but she had no other way out. She wished that Jaasir understood her. She has trust in him! 

The door opened and the little light made her squint her eyes. Sana walked in with her head lowered. 

“Sayyidati, the Amir sent two servants to escort you to his palace,” she told her. 

Yasmine nodded and wiped her wet cheeks. 

“Let's pray ASR first, “ she said and a hoarse voice while standing up. She took a bath and wudu before returning to pray. Laying on the bed was a bright purple outfit and some jewelry. She slowly stroked the silky fabric and sighed bitterly. Last time, she was dressing up as a dancer but now as a concubine.