16. Support.

Hope doesn't die until we kill it. Ar-Rahman is always there, so hope never dies.

The house we burned down to the ground and the only thing standing was the walls around it. Yasmine couldn't believe that this was the place she grew up and played with her sister, the same place her parents dwelled in but now, all were gone. Her form swayed to the right and a strong arm quickly held her.

Jaasir frowned and pushed her gently to Sana who rubbed her lady's shoulders soothingly. Tears threatened to leave her eyes but Yasmine pushed them back. She took Sana's hands off her slowly and took two steps forward.

"Were their bodies found?" she asked in a low and broken voice.

"I am sorry but nothing," Jaasir replied apologetically. Yasmine closed her eyes as the sorrow coursed through her veins. Not only were her parents murdered in cold blood but their bodies weren't spared either. Yasmine felt like breaking down but she clenched her fists tightly, keeping herself strong.

She glanced at Jaasir and asked, "Is it a crime to feel infuriated now and want to take revenge?"

He shook his head calmly. "Allah created us with emotions and anger is part of it. What matters is how you act in the state of anger and we don't seek revenge but justice. He who murders another without justification will face Allah's wrath unless he asks for forgiveness and that's between him and his creator. But as long as they don't ask for forgiveness from the offended person, then only justice can be served and In Sha Allah, we will try our best to do that. All the Muslims who lost their lives in this empire need justice so they can rest in peace."

Yasmine nodded in silence as they stared at the burnt home. "Was the house searched properly?" she asked.

"I had it searched again and we found nothing. As for the former investigators...." Jaasir sighed but still told her. "They did find three boxes of gold,"

Yasmine tilted her head to him in bafflement. "How is that possible? They didn't even stop to check and just took us out? They burned the house to hide the evidence and provided fake evidence!" she suddenly felt helpless again because this just made matters worse. How were they going to prove this wrong then?

Jaasir had his hands tied now but it didn't mean that he couldn't do anything. "They know that this might be investigated and played their game well but what they didn't expect is for you to escape and since we know that the two cases are connected, we have an advantage too," he said.

Yasmine shook her head. "Someone powerful is behind this and to expose them, I have to show myself and testify that I was in a brothel. Who knows if they will even believe my words?" she sighed bitterly.

"It doesn't have to be made public Yasmine and you were forced over there. It is not intentional," Jaasir said, understanding the situation even more. The last thing he would want is the world pointing hands at Yasmine and calling her a brothel woman.

She exhaled, letting some constricted air out, and muttered while stepping into the house. "Why are you even supporting me with all this evidence? I'm a woman who spent days in a brothel and a criminal's daughter. I am afraid that people will say that the Amir is associated with a loose woman,"

"Yasmine!" he called out with gritted teeth and rushed to stand before her. She raised her eyes lazily and gazed at him. He felt like embracing her weak form and giving her confidence but for now, he can't do that and he hated it to hear her say such things about herself.

"You are a pious and noble muslimah. Don't ever belittle yourself or call yourself names because that's not who you are. Don't sin while wallowing in distress. Only when you accept it will others say that too," he told her seriously.