twenty-one

*•*
UNCERTAINTY

*•*UNCERTAINTY

*•*

March had soon gone, along with Amelia's birthday.

Despite Amelia's protests (refusing to celebrate her birthday since her mother's death) her friends insisted on celebrating the day.

Though it was on a school day, the group of four had managed to convince both McGonnagal and Dumbledore to allow them to go to the Three Broomsticks, after lessons had finished, so that they didn't break their tradition.

Amelia believed that they only agreed in order to prevent them sneaking out or worse, Blake's constant whining.

None of her 'family' had wished her a happy birthday, not James nor her grandmother (who Amelia had learnt was missing- not that she cared. Amelia believed the miserable woman had ran away somewhere in France once more).

Amelia tried not to worry about the lack of communication from any of them, she really did and yet she felt nauseous each time she thought of the situation.

Of course, she never let her friends knew that.

*•*

A few months without any issues from Harry or his goons was a dream come true. The girl was thankful none of her professors were attempting to force her into speaking to the family.

Everyone ignored her and she ignored them. Apart from Regulus and Remus, who offered her a simply nod (which she ignored) every time she walked past them.

It didn't bother her of course, she was the one who made the move to cut off all contact it just surprised her how quick they had given up on her.

She expected a letter from James, whether he'd scold her or make an attempt to talk to her. But he didn't.

With summer just round the corner it made this whole thing a whole lot weirder. No contact had been made and so she had no idea what would be happening over summer.

She told Draco about this and he told her she was welcome to stay at the Manor with him.

Draco had been the first one she told about what had happened; she told him every single detail. From what they ate to what she had said to them, Draco now knew everything.

He immediately began comforting her and told her it wasn't her fault; that they were being stupid and she shouldn't feel guilty how she was treating them.

She felt lucky to have Draco as her cousin, even if they weren't on talking terms the pair would always have one another's back - unless he messed with Blake, which he promised he wouldn't do again.

Amelia had practically grew up with Draco, she knew him the best and vice Versa. She knew his weaknesses, his strengths and knee the small things about him too; how he played with the cuffs of his sleeves when he was nervous or how he'd pay extra attention to Pansy when she'd speak.