twenty-eight

*•*
SIBLING BONDING

*•*SIBLING BONDING

*•*

"What a load of rubbish!" Charlotte, the youngest Potter, complained. She had thrown the Daily Prophet she had been reading into the hands of her brother. "They haven't mentioned anything about the dark mark.

The residents of the manor, including Amelia, were all downstairs. Harry was peering over Charlottes shoulder, he too looked blankly annoyed.

James and Lily were sat at the dinning table, finishing up their meal, the pair didn't seem surprise by the news.

Amelia only had one reason for being downstairs, which was for letters. As soon as she woke up she made sure to send a letter to all her friends, making sure that they were alright.

"The Ministry are scared." Lily Potter said, drinking her piping hot coffee. Amelia did not know how the woman was able to drink it so hot. "They also don't want to cause panic amongst the Wizarding world."

"Besides," Added James, who was sat besides his wife, "it was probably just some joke made by some silly children."

Harry scoffed. "I wonder who it could possibly be. I'm sure Amelia already knows."

Amelia raised her head, her attention no longer on the letters she had been reading. Whilst Harry and Amelia glared at one another James and Lily shared a concerned look.

Charlotte just seemed unbothered and almost bored. "Harry, don't be ridiculous."

"Harry." James warned his son, diverting his gaze from his wife to Harry.

Despite the warning Harry continued to antagonise the Slytherin, who was trying her best not to fall for his trap.

"Who is it then Amelia?" He asked, beginning to walk nearer to her. This is why she spent most her summer locked away in her room, she hated the fact Harry made sly comments. "The Malfoy's? Parkinson's?"

"Shut your mouth, Potter." Quipped Amelia, gathering up the letters she had been reading. She couldn't understand what was so hard for him to leave her alone.

Harry opened his mouth again but was beaten to it by Lily.

"Harry." She urged him to stop. Her voice was stern and even Amelia knew not to press when she used that tone of voice. "Enough."

"For your information, Potter." Amelia said, walking away from him, "I have no clarity or understanding about who conjured the dark mark." Before he spoke again she continued, "And you can stop the comments about who my friends are. I don't go around making sly comments about yours."

And with that she walked back into the comfort of her room.

"Why can't you guys get along." James sighed, taking his and Lily's cups into the kitchen.