prologue

*•*
THE FIGHT

*•*THE FIGHT

*•*

It was a Sunday night at the potter-black household, the air was thick with tension. James Potter had just told Isabella Black the truth. That he still loved Lily and wanted to be with her.

"What the fuck James!" She screamed in his face. "I risked everything to be with you!"

And she had done. Isabella Black had put everything on the line for the boy in front of her: her friendships, her parent's love, everything.

"I know." The brunette whispered, "I know."

He felt guilty. He loved both of them, he really did. But Lily would always have his heart, ever since their first year at Hogwarts.

"I can't leave her Izzy." He started. "I just can't."

He hung his head, knowing there was no excuse for breaking her heart, but also couldn't bring himself to not be with Lily.

Deep down, Isabella knew she had always suspected this.

For James Potter had been infatuated with the ginger girl ever since he laid eyes on her; Isabella knew she couldn't compete with that.

As much as she tried, no matter how much she gave James he would always be Lily's - nobody could deny it.

Isabella hated herself for being so foolish, so naive. Now, she was in an impossible situation and pregnant with James' child.

She hadn't even told him that yet, wanting to make the announcement special for the pair of them.

The girl stared at James with an emotionless face.

As he noticed the lack of expression on her face he got slightly concerned,

"Say something." James pleaded with her. "Anything."

Isabella thought back to the numerous argument she had gotten into with her parents over James.

Both her parents pleaded with her to break up with him, two of their children had already ran away they did not need a third to join them.

Eventually they gave up and started torturing her, using many spells including the cruciatius curse.

James was the first person to notice the girls misery and he got her out of that house, promising to keep her safe from harm.

For that, Isabella would be forever grateful.

Isabella shook her head, tears welling her eyes. "I trusted you, you said you wouldn't-"

He gulped as he watched her speak, he hated seeing her like this. This was never how he wanted her to end up.

"I know." He sighed, "I know. I never meant to hurt you."