Trust, Knowledge And Dreams

Start from the beginning

"Can you hear me?"

Kobeni remembers how the collar spoke to her when she was fighting the Bat Devil and reviving Meowy, resulting in her becoming a malformation of many unknown creatures that she was unfamiliar with.

"Can you talk?"

Which was why Kobeni was trying to get her collar to speak again, to see if it wasn't a one time fluke, or if her collar could do more than she once realized.

"Please say something?"

But so far, no matter what Kobeni says to the collar, it would not speak up again, acting as if it never happened before, which honestly made her feel like she was going crazy, as talking to an inanimate piece of technology did not help with her peace of mind and anxiety.

"Do you understand me?"

Kobeni gently smacks her head against the shower wall, the feeling of defeat and giving up fills her as she gets nowhere talking with her collar, which makes her sigh.

"Respond, Confirm Command?"

"COMMAND CONFIRM."

But just as Kobeni was about to quit the idea of talking to the collar, she immediately got startled and slipped in the tub when the collar spoke to her for once, luckily she didn't get injured from the fall, but was still freaked out by this.

"S-So you can talk?"

Kobeni looked at her collar with wide eyes, even though she was trying to make it talk again, she was still not expecting it to actually do so.

"I AM PROGRAM TO BE ABLE TO REPORT AND GIVE STATUS UPDATES TO MY USER, WHICH IS CURRENTLY YOU, KOBENI HIGASHIYAMA."

Higashiyama couldn't help but get more nervous when the collar not only continued to speak, but also knew who she was as well.

"Y-You know who I am?"

Kobeni didn't know how to handle this situation, even though she brought it on herself.

"AFFIRMATIVE, I AM CONNECTED TO YOUR NEURAL NETWORK, SO I AM ABLE TO ACCESS ALL OF YOUR THOUGHTS AND MEMORIES, TO BETTER ASSIST YOU IN YOUR ENDEAVORS."

The endless shock and surprise never stopped coming the more that the collar revealed to its user.

"A-Are you serious?"

Kobeni grips her head, no doubt feeling like her privacy was being invaded by the collar.

"NAME: KOBENI HIGASHIYAMA, SPECIES: HUMAN, RACE: JAPANESE, AGE: 20, BLOOD TYPE: AB, HEIGHT: 155.00 CM, WEIGHT: -"

"I-I got it! Thank you..."

The collar was about to prove itself with how much it knew about Kobeni, though she quickly put a stop to that before it could say anything embarrassing to her, once she silenced the collar, she let out a tired groan and laid her head against the wall, as if already giving up with the situation she was in.

"What are you?"

After more or less accepting this new truth, Kobeni decided to move on, not like she could do anything about it in the first place, and take the chance to learn more about her collar.

"I AM IDENTIFIED AS A DEVILTRIX, A DEVICE THAT IS CURRENTLY STORING OVER 1,000,912 ALIEN SPECIES DNA, WHICH ALLOWS THE USER TO TURN INTO 10 OF SAID DNA SAMPLES."

"1,000,912 A-Aliens?!"

Though what the collar, which is now known as the Deviltrix, what it just said now, it blew away whatever sane shocked mind Kobeni had left in her head.