Chapter 31 - Dinner

The four went to the nearby Pastry Shop and ordered milk tea, coffee, and a few pastries.

The four sat on a corner table.  Heidi is less shy, but Percy remains a bit timid.  He is directly opposite Gie, while Heidi is to Hank.

At this point, the group is chatting about random things. A sort of light getting-to-know-each-other session.

"So how long will you be observing under Hank?" Heidi asked Gie.

"Just two months.  However, we will still work on it closely together. The next department is purchasing.  We won't miss each other that much, that's for sure."  Gie answered before putting a fork of blueberry cheesecake in his mouth.

Accidentally, his eyes met Percy's innocent eyes.  He smiled at him.

Percy smiled cutely and lowered his eyes to eat his dessert.

"By the way, your name.  It's unique.  Is it foreign?"  Heidi asked again.

"Hmmm, yeah, you were introduced as Gie in the team.  I also suspect that's only your nickname."  Hank asked.

Give elegantly wiped his mouth first before looking at them then put down his company ID on the table.

[Guillaume Brice Hayes]

"Guess how's that read? I owe dinner to whoever can read it correctly."  He sipped his milk tea and rested his eyes on Percy.

"Gieee—-Giii— Gilom...?" Heidi looked down at the ID and started the massacre of his poor name.

"Gie, man. I won't participate.  I'd rather treat Heidi to dinner."

"Well, ask her first?"  Gie challenged Hank.

"Shhhh give me time.  I won't ask her in front of all of you.  I might get rejected."

"Oh, stop it!" Heidi blurted.

They all laughed.

Before the laughter died down, Percy like a kitten, opened his mouth and asked softly.

"Uhmmm, that's pronounced as Gee-ohm, right?  French name, meaning protector if I'm not mistaken."

Gie's heart trembled.  This soft-spoken, cute-looking, slender, and behaved baby boy is already his type.  But to actually hear his name from those lips...

Hank and Heidi, with obvious surprise, looked at Percy.  Only Gie looked at him deeply.

Percy smiled timidly and lowered his gaze.

"Our baby is so smart!"  Heidi clapped her hands.

She looked at her watch.  She excused herself and decided to order Nyla's take-out milk tea.  Hank said he would order a take out too.

Percy was left with Gie.

"I hope you don't back out.  Can I ask you out for dinner soon?"

"I... I thought you weren't serious."

Gie put out his cell phone and opened the keypad for call option.

"I seriously want to know you more.  Don't stress too much.  I don't know how to say it but... I just want to connect with you.  Give me a chance to be a friend...? Not just an acquaintance.  I'm afraid I won't see you again after this project.  If I miss this chance—"  Gie didn't notice that he was getting antsy, obviously panicking and turning into a blabbering mess.  His elegance dropped a few points.

"Okay, okay!"  Also panicked, Percy took his cell phone and input his personal number then gave the cell phone back to Gie.  He was afraid Hank and Heidi would be back, and hear Gie saying a bunch of incoherent words.