Chapter 26 - Hank likes Heidi

Callum was focused on the contract at hand while on his desk. He just finished talking with Jacques a few minutes ago and has moved passed to other tasks for the day.

A knock on the door disturbed his focus. Nyla went in instead of Heidi with a young professional following behind.

Heidi was the last one to enter. She went to the corner pantry and started preparing coffee and snacks. She put them on the center table. She diligently excused herself after finishing the task.

"Mr. Humphrey, please meet Mr. Hank Xavier, building engineer from Fortune Fixtures. Hank this is Mr. Callum Humphrey, President of White Hat Financial." Nyla introduced them to each other.

"Hank?" Callum looked at her questioningly.

Hank on the other hand was confused. The president called his name but was not looking at him.

Nyla realized why Callum was looking at her strangely and explained hurriedly.

"I have known Hank from a few years back. He was still a student then, a scholar, if I may add. His mother is so proud of him even if she cannot remember what he was majoring in. He is like a younger brother I never had."

This is not lip service. She truly appreciated Hank and his mother back then when she was still married to James. The mother and son have given her some sense of normalcy when she lived in the mansion. Gertrude, his mother, talked with her a lot and Hank helped her with a lot of things around the house. They were her family.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir. Please call me Hank." He extended his hand for a handshake. He exudes confidence but is not arrogant.

Callum accepted the handshake and motioned for him to sit on the sofa.

Meanwhile, Nyla is already choosing a piece of bread for a snack from the corner pantry. When she was about to join them, Callum tapped the space beside him. Nyla followed and sat beside him.

"Did you have a hard time locating the company?" Nyla asked.

"No. The company is conveniently pinned on the web map. I also thought it would be hard." Hank said before sipping coffee.

"Which was why you were so early, Heidi had to make you wait at the pantry." Nyla chuckled.

Hank blushed a bit at the mention of Heidi.

"Alright, let's start." Callum interrupted and started the meeting.

The meeting went smoothly. Hank is well-spoken and explains the business thoroughly. Design-wise, he was also able to give inputs after taking in the client's preferences. Nyla was very lively as well. She is the other room occupant, so she appreciates having her opinion included in the design concepts.

"I will create at least 3 design proposals within the week and send them through email," Hank concluded. He was cleaning up the brochures and other documents on the table.

"Yes, include Nyla in the email too. She has incorporated her preferences anyway." Callum stood and buttoned his suit.

"I understand. Thank you for this opportunity, Sir." He shook Callum's hand once again.

Nyla chuckled. "Shall we say goodbye to Heidi?"

"Madam...". Hank blushed once again. This time, Callum understood what was happening.

Nyla guided Hank toward the receptionist's table. Then she suddenly left Hank there.

"Oops, I forgot something. Hank wait for me here, I will go with you to the lobby. I have to give Mr. Miller something. Heidi, please talk to Hank a bit. Your ages are not that far apart, both single so mingle! Talk for a while. I'll be right back!" Nyla hurriedly went inside.

"Care to tell me what's going on?" Hank wrapped his arms around Nyla's waist and kissed her ear and neck.

"Hank likes Heidi. So I'm giving them a chance to get acquainted. I'll bring out a few pastries for Mr. Miller so I have an excuse to go back to them and join Hank in the elevator. We've got 5 minutes to make out." She explained then pulled Callum into a sensual kiss.

"..." Callum was speechless.

They played for ten minutes. Nyla realized Hank was waiting.

Meanwhile, Heidi may be a bit timid but she knows she should at least keep the guest occupied. Heidi and Hank talked a bit nervously at first. Eventually, they were relaxed and had a smooth conversation while waiting.

"Sorry, ahmm Callum, I mean the president and I had a few urgent matters to discuss when I went to him." Nyla, obviously glowing, tried to make up excuses. She's holding a paper bag with various pastries.

"Hank, let's go. You can talk to Heidi next time." She teased.

Heidi was dumbfounded as they left her to take the elevator down.

"Were you able to get her number?" She asked Hank when they were alone in the lift.

"No, it's too soon I think." Hank was embarrassed by Nyla's teasing.

"Hahaha! I will help you through this."

They said their goodbyes. Nyla exited on the ground floor. Hank was left to get off at the basement parking area.

Nyla gave Mr. Miller a bag of pastries and chatted with him for a while before returning to the president's office.