Chapter 10 - The First Woman

Nyla has been pretty much all over Callum whenever he is home since then. Well, she likes being kissed and Callum seems to be happy to oblige.

When they went shopping the next two days, he bought her dresses, slacks, skirts, and even intimate apparel. The next stop was the shoe shop where he bought her a mix of flats, kitty heels, stilettos, and sandals. They went to a watch shop and she almost gasped because of how much Callum was willing to pay just because he liked the design of a couple-watch. Then he bought for her a watch for everyday use but still expensive nonetheless. He was very touchy too; holding her hand, pulling her by the waist, tucking her hair behind her ear... Like he wants everyone to know she's his.

Monday came and he needed to go to work. Perfect time for Nyla to get to know the servants. She already met the head housekeeper Mrs. Cole who despite being in her 50s is still as energetic as a teenager.

There are 4 of them who maintain the villa. Mrs. Cole the head housekeeper, Menandro the cook, Mitchi his daughter, and Mr. Nan the gardener and overall helper. They help each other out though so they are all working and living harmoniously in this place. Once a month, there's a team of about 6 people who are paid to do general cleaning of the whole villa.

"I'm just curious Mitchi, you said you never had a woman guest here?"

"Yes, Ma'am. They rarely receive guests actually. If they do, guests are always male. Besides, if they have a business to talk about, they do it in the office."

"They are not fond of parties either so hosting is not a normal occurrence. But they do attend parties." Mrs. Cole interjected while putting her newly baked cream puffs in front of Mitchi and Nyla.

The other two men who smelled the newly baked pastry just entered the kitchen. They all shared the snack and chatted away. Nyla spent the whole day learning about the villa and looking for small chores she could help with until Callum got home.

—————————-

Wednesday came. Nyla fixed his necktie for him just like the past two days and smiled.

"You're so handsome and you smell so good." She said with a sigh.

He smiled and pulled her for a deep kiss.

"If we're always gonna flirt like this, I'd be late every day."  He gently rubbed her back, up and down.

"Not once I start working for you. We'll be leaving together for work."

"Hmm, we'll see." He gave her another long deep kiss. "I'll message you once I'm on my way to pick you up." He then left for work.

After a few hours, Callum was already pulling into the driveway. He already removed his suit jacket still looking strikingly alluring. He knocked at Nyla's bedroom door and heard a "come in" holler.

She was wearing a maxi dress in a pale yellow color. Her hair is loose with just a hairclip keeping some from getting in her eyes. She looked so innocent.

She immediately picked up her handbag and almost ran into him. She giggled.

"You want a kiss?"

"Always." Then she tiptoed and closed her eyes. He kissed her tenderly.

They got to the hospital just in time. The stitches were removed quickly and they proceeded to the ob-gyne section for a follow-up check-up.

"You seemed to be healing well. Just continue with folic acid as I have initially recommended. Also, if you really are planning to have a baby, wait for 3 months before trying again. Given your previous operation, your body should be ready for that. Come visit me again so we can discuss preparations if you want to pursue being pregnant by then."

"Ah, I see..." Callum responded. Nyla nearly snapped her neck when she turned abruptly. Her eyes are wide.

"Haha, you should talk about it then." The lady doctor laughed at them.

When they were in the car. Nyla had to ask.

"What was that?" She was a bit amused at his reaction.

"I meant it literally. I'm a man. I want to touch you in the future. soon maybe? But right now, you need to fully heal. I'm no animal. Taking care of you is my priority."

"Thank you. But you're treating me like a child."

"No, I'm treating you like a woman who deserves to be protected and cared for. I can wait, don't worry." He pulled her close and kissed her before starting the car.

They had lunch at a nearby restaurant and got to the office building a few minutes past lunchtime for normal employees.  Another guard on standby took away the car key so he could park the car in the basement.

Before they went inside, Callum introduced Nyla to the guard at the entrance. He looks senior, his hair all white but still smart and proud-looking as he stands guard.

"Welcome back Sir."

"Nyla, this is Mr. Miller who has been with our company since I can barely walk. Mr. Miller, this is Nyla Burnes, my girlfriend. She'll be working here soon. Please treat her with care and respect you have always given me.

"Hello, Sir." Nyla extended her hand.

"Oh wow! A pleasure to meet you, ma'am. Our Mr. Humphrey's a lucky man."

They entered the lobby and Callum casually snaked his arms around her waist to guide her to the elevator. Eyes followed them as Callum, who already put on his suit jacket, walked with Nyla, obviously being protective of her. Mr. Grant approached them and they all went inside the president's office. They sat on the couch while Heidi, the assistant/secretary outside the door, served some coffee.

"David, as I've told you, you can turn over those things needing initial reviews and all other things that need research to her. You will handle the usual tasks which involve dealing with people. She will be working with me here at this office. Please take care of the usual office things she will need."

He pointed at one section of the room. "We can have her table set up there."

"Yes sir, I will take care of it." Mr. Grant replied.

Callum gave a few more instructions before Mr. Grant left the room.

"I thought I would be staying at the reception desk outside the door with Heidi."

"I won't let other men gawk at you while you work there looking innocent and beautiful. Besides, Heidi already sits there. She's a good kid. I mean, she's only 18 years old but very diligent. She was also one of our scholars. I am planning to move her to the admin section in the future."

"Ahhh, you seem to know almost everyone."

"This company has been with the family for 5 generations. It pays to take care of your employees and know them. But along with being familiar with them are the rumors which sometimes arise. Which is why it is also better to keep a bit of a distance. Mr. Grant is the only one of very few people who can comfortably talk to me here, and of course Heidi. Also, given that we were here during office hours, I bet they are already talking about you."

"Oh... will they hate me?" She touched his cuffs, worry written on her face.

"I see no reason why but I do know there are some women who expressed their interest in me with their co-workers." He took her hand and kissed it. "Jealous?"

She leaned her head on his shoulder and held on tightly to his hand.

"You shouldn't. They should respect you. Even fear you. After all, you are the very first woman I've ever brought here with this level of care and protection."

"Thank you, Callum."

"Now kiss me." She pressed her lips to his and he took over with the real kiss Nyla liked so much.