Chapter 17

Soft, so soft.

Her fingers skimmed on the quilt, lovingly.

It feels weird to her. She usually sleeps on the large tree branches or the hard, cold ground in the cave. The reason was that it made her recall the days of her suffering—cold and aching.

She wanted to remind herself to live with hate and loathing for the people who tormented her; more like a masochist.

Wait. I don't remember having soft quilts.

Quickly sitting up, she cringed and held her head from her abrupt movement, trying to recover from dizziness.

"Ugh!" It took her a minute to recover.

Sensing that she was not alone, she quickly jumped out of bed. She growled, showing off her sharp fangs, and released her sharp claws. Preparing herself for any kind of danger.

As expected, she would display aggressive behavior. Who wouldn't be? After living alone for so many years, trust was vital.

She can tell that she was in a room with two people watching her.

This disgusting piece of sht!

"Impossible. How did she move so fast?"

"What do you mean?" They were both watching her intently, with him sitting regally on a recliner while Doctor Eli stood beside him, holding an envelope that withheld her medical results.

Eli was about to discuss with him his prognosis for her.

"Alpha, I’ve run different scans and tests on her, as you said. She is indeed blind... Moreover, she lost some of her senses, including her sense of smell and hearing. I am not sure yet when that happened. But there was no external or internal damage to any part of her head. I am positive that, over time, she must have developed her sixth sense, relying on the vibrations." He looked stunned while saying those words.

"She is sensitive to vibrations. I see. Vibrations send signals to her brain, supporting visions of her surroundings," he stated.

"Yes, she's super sensitive to it."

"She is deaf. Is there a possibility to echolocate?"

"Debatable, Alpha. Sound waves cannot pass through her ears, but I think I may be wrong."

"You may be. Some things can defy science. But why can’t I still smell her scent?" he growled lowly.

"Our Luna certainly has a wolf. We couldn’t explain why, and her DNA samples are the same as the werewolves’ DNA. But how come we didn’t notice that at all in the beginning? My theory is that..." he hesitated to continue.

"D*mn it! Spit it out!" sounding agitated.

"She may be gifted," he quickly said and recoiled away from his dominating form.

"Can she be cured?" sounding gruff. He was not sure how to react to hearing the 'gifted' part because his top priority was her wellness.

Eli was about to answer when a knock from the door prevented him.

"How is she?" John entered the room assertively. Eli bowed in respect, while John also greeted Devan.

Rumors spread fast that their Luna wasn’t entirely wolf-less. But her condition was strictly classified. The possibility of her being targeted was highly likely.

She stood wearing a matching white silk nightgown and a pair of shorts. Her hair was washed and braided. She was taken care of by a nurse while she was still unconscious.