Chapter 12

Wishful thinking. What I had was all wishful. To him, I'm nothing but a speck of pesky dust...All I wanted was to be loved and feel loved by the person I would and could trust. I didn't want him. I want to love.

But after what happened, the idea of love couldn't bore bliss in me anymore.

The adamant of waiting and perseverance now felt outlandish from her perspective which led her to a tenebrous depression.

She nomadically limped out of the pack house into the dead of the night and showered herself with negative thoughts and despair.

Enough was enough.

She gnawed her inner cheeks with determination.

She nonchalantly wanders off without a care in the world. Anywhere is good just to be far away from him, never noticing the danger that was sickeningly lurking in the shadows as the ache overpowers her.

I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I wasn't enough. I don't deserve to have you... referring to her wolf. Wherever you are, I hope you're already with someone whom he can truly accept. Her whimpers sadly sang with the crickets oddly calming sound.

She trekked to wherever the endless dark path leads her to, needed to be away from him as far as possible.

It was no use. So, she decided to give up; felt like a fool.

If he doesn't want her, then who was she to deny? She was nothing to him.

All but wishful thinking. She repeated.

This concept of having been bonded with a mate was now very much queer in her mind. As much as it pained her, freedom was the only path.

The question is, how will she deal with freedom?

Slipping that question in mind, nothing caught her interest more than the occurring insecurities; not the bright luminous moon, nor the yellow-green fireflies gleaming in the forest as she continued to trot.

I wasn't good enough. I wasn't.

Even in the forest, she wondered about being an outcast because her swirling emotions were defying the beguiling beauty of the night.

It was because of him. Him that shattered her heart into a million pieces, the king who won the battle against love. And the result fed her with self-pity.

Moon goddess! Why him?!

Why pair me with him?

"What do you want from me?" she lowly said along with her sobs.

Whish!

The next course of events was unexpected.

Wham!

The next thing she felt was a hard metal bashed on her head. A better feeling of pain than from his.

Thud!

Her body dropped to the ground in an instant.

Before her eyes would shut, a dark tall figure was caught through her line of blurry vision.

Her weeping night ended there.

The alluring scenery was supposed to be awed and appreciated, not the way crime should take its place. But that's the thing, a crime doesn't care about where it should take place as long as the target was alone.

And the target was indeed alone; unguarded and broken.

The moon was shining above them. As creepy as it sounds, a sickening triumphant smile emblazed the same.
.
.