Chater 13

A knock on his office door snaps his stance after staring at his garden for hours.

Two figures emerge from the door.

One was a physically fit woman wearing a black-fitting t-shirt and skinny jeans, looking fierce.

While the other was his beta, greeting him with a serious face.

"Alpha," he greeted stiffly.

"This is my mate, Taya Grey," he said, introducing her to him. Standing close to his side.

"Pleasure to meet you, Taya." As he said those words, he was void of any emotions.

"Likewise, your highness. I come from the Lucent Pack and am ranked as a warrior. It’s an honor to personally meet the Lycan king." She bowed curtly.

"Welcome," he stoically nods at her and looks at John.

John brought a brown envelope and gave it to him.

"Out of the three packs I had visited, the Lucent Pack had a low tolerance for bullying. Everything has been taken care of."

"Good," he continued to read in his report.

"Do you have any leads?" John made him freeze for a minute.

"No," he said after a minute of dozing. "Proceed to the meeting room. I'll follow you shortly."

Gazing at his tired expression, he didn't say a word and left the office with his mate. He knew better than to piss him off.

A tall wooden table and bright light illuminated the room, depicting power and masculinity. The Gammas spend their time waiting in the meeting room. A beautiful five-foot-eight curly redhead woman entered the room wearing all black that hugged her physique.

Thalia stared at her in awe. The girl has forest green eyes, well-groomed brown eyebrows, a pointed nose, and small pink lips that complete the diamond figure of her face. She was gorgeous.

"Hello," she smiled sweetly at her. "I’m guessing you’re our female beta. I’m Thalia, the female Gamma. This is my mate, Zed." She gestured toward him. "Welcome to the pack."

"Nice to meet you two. I’m Taya Grey from the Lucent Pack." She sat opposite them. "You are very observant for a female Gamma," she said, returning her smile.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Can I ask? Did the luna run away?" She asked, quirking her eyebrows curiously. Taya noticed a frown begin to appear on her face.

"What makes you say that?" Zed seriously questioned.

"I just heard rumors and wanted to clarify."

"Beta John didn’t tell you?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I’m afraid not."

"Well, considering the ordeal she went through, I would suggest that she should have run away a long time ago," she was starting to seethe with anger. "The Alpha’s a total dck."

"Thalia," Zed warned, holding her hands gently. "Do not speak ill of him."

"Say what?" She was taken aback, swiveling her face at him angrily. "You’re now siding with him?" trying to swat her hand away, giving him a look of disbelief.

"What he did was wrong, but I know he has a reason. We aren't in his shoes," he tensed.

"Oh, I guess you knew him better," leaning away from him.

She couldn't believe her mate's words. Zainne was a very sweet person; she didn't deserve to be treated like garbage by her mate. Even though she couldn't bear watching her friend like that, sadly she did, and guilt ate her, but what could she do against him? She blamed herself for not being a good friend.