020 - The Storm That Was Promised

Start from the beginning

"I learn from the best," Gar said quickly, knocking Hazel's arm softly before running back to the router, trying to reach Dick again. Jason smiled snidely at Hazel and she slapped him, rushing back to Gar.

Gar tapped his earpiece in annoyance, waiting for someone to answer him. "Haze, Gar, it's Tim. Dick left," Tim relayed, and Gar and Hazel looked at each other, their eyebrows furrowing. "He said cut the red wire."

"What?" Gar squeaked, his eyes widening in shock, "No, you never cut the red wire."

"Yeah but that's the point," Hazel said with a small laugh. "Bruce Wayne is a paranoid man, of course he'd make it the red wire." Gar handed her the small pocketknife he had brought with him and she grabbed the small exposed red wire. Hazel quickly cut it, waiting a moment to see if anything happened, and when there wasn't, she plugged the small device in.

"What's happening?" Tim questioned.

Gar and Hazel stared at the router waiting for the machine to respond, then the Wayne Enterprises logo loaded in. Gar cheered and dropped his head onto Hazel's shoulder in relief, laughing to himself. "We're in," Hazel said with a smile. A security question popped up and Hazel cursed, tapping Gar's arm. "Gar, Tim."

"What?"

"There's a security question," Hazel muttered. Gar lifted his head, looking over Hazel's shoulder.

Gar stepped around Hazel, his eyebrows creasing as he read the "What's the name of the one who got away?" Gar read aloud, turning his attention to Hazel. She shrugged softly and Gar turned back to the router, tapping his fingers against the wall. "Joker." He typed it in and it displayed access denied. "Riddler." He did the same and got the same result.

"Fuck me," Hazel cursed, pulling at the roots of her hair. "Tim? One more shot. You got anything for me?"

Time paused for a moment, "Try Selina Kyle."

Hazel eyebrows creased, remembering the name from one of Tim's detective boards. "That Selina?" Hazel questioned.

"That Selina," Tim repeated.

"Who's that?" Gar questioned, moving aside as Hazel began to type the name Selina Kyle into the security code.

They waited for a moment as the security system checked the password. Then a beep sounded, quickly followed by an automatic voice saying welcome. Gar threw his arms up in victory and Hazel sighed in relief, her head dropping against the wall. "Wait," Gar said, dropping his arms and Hazel turned to face him, "Who's Selina Kyle?"

Hazel smiled, and turned the hall walking toward Jason who was leaning against the wall, "Hey Jay, did y'know Bruce has Selina Kyle as his security code?"

"He's got the Cat as his password?" Jason scoffed, kicking himself off the wall.

"Man needs to take a hint," Hazel teased, as they raced down the stairs. Hazel, Gar and Jason stepped into the living room, Nightwing standing over a dozen unconscious GCPD officers. Dick looked back at them and nodded. He looked up at the camera in the corner of the room, disguised in a book, and gave a small salute. Gar and Jason walked beside Dick, Gar giving a wink and a wave as Jason flipped him off.

Hazel pulled up a chair, pushing it against the wall. She stood on the chair and pushed the book aside, smiling at the camera, Crane watching it all happen in front of him. Hazel grabbed the camera and smashed it apart with her light. Hazel jumped off the chair and Dick shook his head, laughing softly. "Inside," Dick said, nodding his head, "Let's go."

"No," Jason said quickly, shaking his head. They paused for a moment, but Dick nodded Gar along, motioning him toward the clock entrance to the Batcave. Jason stared at Dick, but his eyes flickered back to Hazel as Dick stepped toward him. "This is a Titan's job. He knows I turned on him, and that's enough for me. You guys finish it."