020 - The Storm That Was Promised

020

— the storm that was promised —

UNCONSCIOUS BODIES WERE SCATTERED THROUGH THE MANOR, TAKEN DOWN IN MOMENTS BY RED HOOD AND VENOM. Jason led Hazel higher and further through the halls and up the stairs. They stopped at a corner, Jason peaking out, checking over the hallway. He nodded at Hazel and they stepped out into the hall, stopping as Gar stumbled around the corner, staring down the hall.

Jason raised his hands in defence, "Hey, Dick sent me, okay? I'm on your side," Jason promised, noticing Gar stumble backwards. Footsteps raced down the hall and Hazel spun, flashing a bright light and Jason spun, a shot leaving his signature handgun.

Hazell watched the man crumple and she turned to Jason, "Nice shot."

Jason slotted the sun away and smiled, "Thank you Sunshine."

They turned back to Gar and he smiled, "Thanks."

Jason nodded and looked back down the hall, "You two set up the router, I got the hall," Jason ordered.

"Shout if you need us," Hazel called, jogging to Gar and turning to the wall, looking at the router. Gar walked towards her, still stumbling slightly. Hazel grabbed him, leading him toward the wall to lean against. "I got this, take a minute," Hazel insisted, taking the drive from him. Hazel tapped her comms and slid the drive in place. "Venom here, at the main frame."

"Okay, I need you to connect the router to the Wayne Manor mainframe, slide the security panel cover straight up. It should come right off," Dick instructed, pausing to give Hazel time to slide the panel up and toss it aside.

"You should've told me about Jason," Gar muttered, his comms still connected.

"Would you have gone inside if I had?" Dick questioned.

"You still should've told me," Gar muttered. "Both of you."

Hazel sighed, hanging her head and trying to ignore the tug at her heart at Gar's cracking voice. Hazel shook her head and tapped her fingers against the router, "I got it," Hazel relayed.

"Okay, hold on. You're not done yet," Dick ordered. Dicks next words cut off as shots echoed from the hall.

"Sunshine!" Jason shouted. Hazel cursed and ran back out into the hall, kicking down one of seven men Jason was holding back, two already on the ground. Jason started to fire into the hall, the bullets piercing the GCPD body armour. Hazel sent beams of light down the hall, burning the walls and the men standing closest to them.

The last man turned to the pair but before either could react Gar ran forward, jumping up and kicking his feet into the man's chest, throwing him down the hall. Gar landed on his back, but he quickly kicked himself up, standing between the pair as they made sure the hall was clear. "Nice kick man," Jason huffed, catching his breath but he still smiled at Gar.