022 - To Donna Troy

022

— to donna troy —

CLOUDS HUNG DARK AND HEAVY IN THE SKY, THE THREAT OF RAIN LOOMING ABOVE THEM. The Titans walked across the tarmac toward the Amazonins waiting for them. They stood in a line across from the warriors and Conner opened the door to the hearse. He, Dawn, Dick and Hank took Donna's coffin to a stand, each of their hands reluctant to let go. They moved to stand in a line with the rest of the Titans, who all wore black.

Dick passed the lasso, tied into a neat knot, to the Themysciran woman. She nodded and laid the gold lasso on top of the coffin. She said a few solemn words before thanking the Titans as they took the coffin to the plane. The others waited by the cars as Dick and Rachel walked to the plane. Terran looked at Hazel before motioning them to Dick and Rachel.

Terran stood beside Rachel and Dick stopped beside Hazel. "Are they taking her back to Themyscira?" Rachel asked, glancing up at the plane.

Dick nodded softly, "They have a place for warriors like Donna. Sacred grounds."

Terran spared a glance at Rachel before looking back up at Hazel and Dick. "We're gonna go with Donna," Terran spoke up, looking between the pair. "If anyone can bring her back, it's gonna be us."

"Look, we all wanna bring her back," Dick sighed.

"You don't understand," Rachel said, chuckling. "My powers are changing. Getting stronger and like, I think I've actually been inside your head. Like, I can take your thoughts and bring 'em to life."

"I've seen you do some amazing things," Dick said with a smile. "And considering what's in my head... that's pretty messed up."

Rachel smiled softly and looked at Terran. "What we're saying is, with Rachel's magic and my ability to walk around Limbo..." Terran trailed off, shrugging softly.

"If you wanna go, I'm not gonna stop you," Dick said. "But remember, doesn't matter how strong we are, we can't always change the world."

"But we can try. We should... try," Rachel nodded.

Hazel looked at Terran, a swirling mess of emotions in her stomach. "Go with Donna," Hazel encouraged, her voice soft. "Your rooms will be waiting for you when you get back."

"Who knows, maybe I'll stay on the island," Rachel shrugged.

"Please don't," Hazel muttered, a soft, sad smile on her face. "Space witch skin isn't made for the tropical sun."

"Yeah, I'll survive." Rachel chuckled. "Will you?"

"We'll miss you," Hazel said with a smile.

"And the others?" Terran asked, nodding to everyone else.