006 - You're Nothing Else

006

— you're nothing else —

THE SOFT DING OF THE ELEVATOR DOORS OPENING MADE THEM LIFT THEIR HEADS. Dawn walked out first, Hanks just behind him, a small limp obvious in his left leg. "I'll get some painkillers from the infirmary," Donna announced, turning down the hall.

Hazel ran her hand down her face, her mind racing. If she could have gotten closer, if Dick had just trusted her she could have got him down in seconds. Before Hank had gotten burnt. Hazel took her jacket off, hanging it over the edge of the couch.

"You had a chance," Hank called to Dick.

Hazel turned to watch them. Dick sighed and turned to Hank, shrugging softly. "He would've killed everyone on the bus," Dick justified.

"And he's gonna kill how many more now?" Hank shouted.

"I'll get him," Dick assured.

Hank shook his head and took a daring step closer. "Maybe you've lost the taste for how this works," Hank continued.

"We'll get another shot."

"The old Robin would've taken the first one."

"Hank. Hey. Hey," Dawn soothed, taking Hank's shoulder, running her hand over his arm in a calming motion. "That's enough. Come on." Hank let Dawn take his hand and lead him down the hall.

Hazel sighed and watched Hank limp away, her stomach churning at his leg that she had failed to properly heal. "Why did you have to try and chase him?" Dick snapped and Hazel turned to him. His eyes were tired, but his shoulders had yet to loosen.

"Why?" Hazel scoffed, throwing her hands up. "If you had just trusted me I coulda' had him."

"But you're back up alright?" Dick shouted and Hazel stepped back. Dick whipped his hand down his face and huffed. "Nothing else."

"Where's Dr Light?" Jason cooed, walking from the hall, Gar, Rachel and Terran following him.

Hazel looked between Jason and Dick. She shook her head and grabbed her jacket, storming past the others. A moment later the echo of the slamming door made them jump. Terran turned quickly chasing after Hazel. She sighed and knocked on the door. "Hazel?" Terran twisted the door handle, but it refused to open. "Haze, can you just let me in?"

A few moments later the lock clicked. Terran opened the door, watching the small vine retreat from the door handle and twisted back against the doorframe. Hazel slouched over her desk, one hand holding onto a glass filled with an amber liquor, the other sprouting flowers from her fingertips. "So... I'm guessing that didn't go amazingly," Terran muttered, closing the door behind her. Hazel turned her head looking up at Terran. "What did Dick say?" Hazel's brows furrowed as Terran pulled out a small stool and sat beside her. "He looked way serious, and you looked way mad. So obviously he said something."