013 - Ot Zelds, In Death

013

— ot zelds, in death —

July 19, 2019

IT HAD BEEN FIFTEEN DAYS SINCE TERRAN AND RACHEL ARRIVED AT PARADISE ISLAND, THE AMAZONS GLADLY TEACHING THE PAIR THEIR WAYS IN CULTURE AND TRAINING. Both girls had been forced out of their more comfortable gothic clothing into pristine whistle dresses and armour, fitting in with the other girls on the island. And for 15 days, neither Terran nor Rachel had succeeded in even beginning to help Donna.

Terran was wandering along one of the beaches, looking out over the water. She had just come off hours of training with two of the younger girls. Terran was new to this training for a fight concept; she ended up defending herself against the girls until they wore themselves down. One of the elder ladies congratulated Terran on outsmarting the pair, but then chastised her for taking the hard way out of an easy situation.

Terran stretched the muscles of her back and looked further down to the beach where the tall fortress walls began. Rachel was a few metres ahead of her, fussing around a bunch of flower bushes by the long stone wall. Terran walked up to her, stopping behind the demon girl. Terran's eyebrows were furrowed as Rachel's hands fumbled around. "You lose something'?" Terran asked, squinting at the sun.

"Do you see any pomegranates?" Rachel asked, barely sparing a glance at Terran.

Terran furrowed her eyebrows, "The fruit?"

"The flower!" Rachel huffed. "It's her favourite, I thought maybe if I attach some magic to it, I could send her a message, maybe show her I care cause the last couple weeks I've been a mess." Rachel took a breath and stepped from the bushes, walking over to Terran. "It's July 19."

"Thank you human calendar," Terran teased, raising her eyebrows.

Rachel rolled her eyes and slapped Terran's arm. "It's Hazel's birthday," Rachel explained, taking a soft breath. "I thought maybe I could send her a flower as a happy birthday gift, to start making up for being a bitch." Rachel turned back, her hands on her hips as she looked over the greenery.

Terran nodded and held her hand out, a light orange pomegranate sprouting from her palm. "Rache," Terran called. Rachel turned back, taking the flower as Terran plucked it from her palm. "Say happy birthday from me."

Rachel quickly thanked her and sat against one of the large rocks, the flower floating in her palms. "What's your favourite flower?" Terran asked, watching Rachel's magic bleed into the flower. Rachel responded with a confused hum and Terran sighed, taking a seat beside her. "Flower. What's your favourite?"

"Oh, uh Dahlias I guess," Rachel mumbled, keeping her focus on the soft red leaves.

Terran hummed, "Duly noted."

November 17, 2020

Terran had never explored the limits of her powers, sticking close to what she had discovered naturally but as Lydia continued to tell Terran stories of her family, confirming Hazel's suspicions of who their father is, Lydia also pushed her. Terran's sound manipulation had grown stronger, tearing apart buildings and shattering swords, her vines grew quick and strong, holding back anyone that faced her in training.