009 - Motel From Hell

009

— motel from hell —

THE WIND BLEW SOFTLY AND THE CLOUDS HAD CLEARED LETTING THE MOON SHINE OVER THE MOTEL. Hazel pulled the jacket tighter around her, walking to the vending machine tucked away under the stairs. She tapped her pockets and sighed. She crouched down and weaved her vines up through the machine, pulling a can of Sprite from the lower shelf.

Hazel grabbed it, popping it open as she wandered over to Gar who sat on a nearby bench. He sat with a cup of coffee, the steam floating up to warm his face. "Did you steal that?" Gar teased.

Hazel hummed and sat on the seat, resting her elbows on the table, which Gar sat on. "You saw me so why ask?" Hazel said, raising her eyebrow as she sipped the fizzy drink.

Gar shrugged softly, "Wanted to see what lie you came up with." Hazel laughed softly and Gar smiled at her. "Hey, how'd you do that? You broke through to Rachel?"

Hazel shrugged softly, "It's not so much breaking through. When her eyes go dark, her vision does as well, so if I brighten my eyes enough, she can see it. It's more of a hey, I'm here."

Gar hummed with a smile, "Smart,"

Hazel sipped her drink and Gar did the same. "Can I ask you something?" Gar nodded, "Does it hurt? When you transform?"

Gar set his cup down and slid into the seat next to her. "Close your eyes," Gar said softly. Hazel raised her eyebrow slightly. "I'm not gonna do anything that weird," Gar laughed. "Well, not that weird."

"Last I looked away from you, you untransformed and stood in front of me naked," Hazel reminded laughing softly, ignoring the heat rising to her cheeks. 

Gar groaned softly, hanging his head back, "Just close your eyes," Gar pleaded. He sat straight and looked at Hazel. Hazel sighed softly, set her drink aside and closed her eyes. "Take a deep breath." Hazel breathed in deeply. "Now imagine electricity running through your whole body. It doesn't hurt. It just feels like you get plugged into something. Then you start to feel strong, like- like, really strong. And when you breathe, it's like you're breathing in the whole world."

Gar paused and he let his eyes trail over Hazel's face. Her skin light brown, her hair light and soft, the flowers bright against her coffee brown hair. He looked away for a moment before focussing on Hazel again.

 "Feel it?" Gar asked softly and Hazel nodded softly. "You feel totally free. All that strength. You wanna run, you wanna jump, you wanna break shit. You feel like you can do anything. And you wanna roar. Not because you're angry, but because you just wanna let it all out. So, roar."