Chapter 14

My dad came into the kitchen while I was cleaning up his bottles

My dad came into the kitchen while I was cleaning up his bottles. Anger flashed in his eyes and he yelled
"Don't ever touch that!!"

"I'm sorry."
I whispered. My voice barely audiable.

"You fucking stupid!"
He slapped me across the face.

"I don't fucking understand how can you be my daughter! You're a disapointment!"
He lifted the beer bottle up infront of my head and I closed my eyes shut and he smashed it on my head but before I could feel the pain. I shot up in the bed breathing heavily.

I blinked a few times before registering my suroundings. I wasn't in my room and my dad definifely wasn't anywhere near me. I was in a hospital.

I felt someones hand ontop of my holding it gently but firmly and I looked down at the person it was Lucas. His gead placed on the edge of the hospital bed and his hand ontop of mine. He was sleeping peacefully. I never saw this side of him.

I looked at my arms there were bruises on my arms from the hitting my dad did on me last night. I placed my hand under the covers to feel my thighs bandaged up.
I did it again. What was wrong with me.
A tears slid down my cheek and I felt Lucas stir in his sleep and he woke up and lifted his head up, I pulled my hand from his and wiped the tear before he could see.

"How are you feeling?"
Lucas asked.

"Good."
I replied even tho I was far from feeling good.

"Does he hit you often."
Lucas asked

I felt taken aback from the question but I bitted my inner cheek to not cry, I couldn't cry infront of him.I just noded.

He staued silent for some time and I broke the silence.
"Why? Why did you come to my house when I called you?"

He looked at me and didn't say anything. He sighed before saying
"I care about you. Even tho you feel hate forwards me and I do as well maybe a lot more less that you. I just couldn't leave you alone."

We stayed silent with our eyes locked and broke the eye contact when the nurse walked into the room.

She greeted me and Lucas with a smile and said
"Hello. I'll just need you to sign here and you'll be all ready to go."

I noded and smiled as I took the paper and pen from her and signed the paper.

After I signed the nurse took the paper from me and left the room leaving me and Lucas alone in the room. Again.

He took out sweatpants and the same shirt I wore last night.

"Here. I grabed you some pants before leaving your room."
He said and handed me the pants and the shirt.

"Thanks."
I said and stood up from the bed and walked torwards the bathroom to change out of the hospital gown into the clothes.

After 5 minutes I walked out of the bathroom and We started heading out of the hospital back to his car. As we walked it was silence every second.

I was about to open my mouth to speak but he started first
"You can stay in my penthouse for some time. I have spare bedrooms there. I'll ask Elena to bring you some clothes or anything you need."

I looked at him as he drove with one hand on the steering wheel and the other taping his knee.

"Okay. Thank you."
I said softly.

I rested my head onto the car window and looked outside as he drove. I took glances to look at Lucas from time to time and I could see he was doing the same.

After 10 minutes or maybe even more of driving we reached a so called penthouse but it looked more like a small house.

He turned off the car and got out and I did the same. I looked around the house and there were a lot of trees around the house surrounding it and a small road that he used to come here.

Lucas looked back at me and we started walking inside the house and he showed me a light room with beige curtains a tv a light wood bedside table and a queen bed with light sheets.

"You can stay here as long as you need to."
Lucas said as he opened the bedroom door for me.

I scanned the room and turned around to face him
"Thank you. For everything you didn't need to do all that."

He shook his head and said
"I needed and you're welcome sunshine."

He started walking away
"Make yourself at home sunshine!"

I walked inside the room and closed the door behind me and reached the bed I layed down and started at the ceiling for an hour or even more until I fell asleep.

(Words 823)

Spring break is over and school started again!! I'll try to update everyday and write after school. And I'll try to keep it up a chapter everyday.

Don't forget to vote💗💗