714.Pregnant Or Not?

She nodded emotionally.

Three days later, Jennie and Lisa headed downstairs in the morning to see Elder Chongshan, Manoban Hong and Ye Yunzhi on the couch.

Doctor Shi Qian was giving the three Manoban family's elders their routine check-up.

"Jennie, come. You should get a check-up too." Chongshan waved her over.

Jennie felt a little nervous. In her previous life, this was the moment when she found out she was pregnant.

"Alright." She sat down on the couch.

Shi Qian first measured her blood pressure. He then used a stethoscope on her... After conducting all sorts of basic check-ups, he drew a sample of her blood and said that he would take it back for an examination.

She nodded amiably.

Shi Qian picked up his medicine box to leave when Jennie spoke up. "Doctor Shi, Lisa hasn't had a check up yet."

"CEO Manoban had it done previously. He doesn't need one right now."

"Oh." Jennie did not notice anything amiss about this.

Shi Qian brought her blood sample to the hospital. An hour later, he dialled the Manoban family's old mansion.

It was Elder Manoban who answered the call. He did so in the 'speaker' mode.

"Elder, don't worry. Madam Manoban is very healthy." Shi Qian's voice could be heard clearly through the living room.

Elder Manoban nodded in satisfaction. "Everything is good as long as my granddaughter-in-law is healthy. This way, she'll be able to give me my great-grandchildren soon."

In their previous life, Jennie had clearly become pregnant on this day. She rushed over to ask. "Doctor Shi, may I know if I'm pregnant?"

"Madam, you're not pregnant." Shi Qian answered clearly from the other end.

Jennie frowned. Why wasn't she pregnant?

Were the results wrong? Or did the trajectory in this life change?

"There truly aren't any problems with my body?" Despite the distance, Shi Qian could hear her clearly through the phone.

"Madam, you're especially healthy. If you wish for a child, eventually, it will happen," Shi Qian comforted her.

After the call ended, Chongshan spoke seriously to Lisa. "Lisa ah, your wedding with Jennie has been held. From now onwards, you have to stop using contraceptives."

"I know what to do." Lisa's expression was cold and heavy.

Jennie sat silently by the side. Lisa previously told the elders that they were using contraceptives. Truthfully, however, throughout the two years they lived together in the Yu Ting Villa, they had never used any contraceptives.

Hong spoke up. "Father, there's no rush in having a child. Lisa and Jennie are both young."

These words made the Elder unhappy. "I'm already old. I'm looking forward to holding my great-grandchildren. This matter is fixed. The two of you better conceive soon."

Lisa glanced at Jennie's slightly disappointed expression. It seemed like she was upset because she was not pregnant? At the thought that she was willing to have his child, he was overwhelmed with joy.

"Father, when it comes to children, it all depends on fate. Rushing them won't help." As Lisa's mother, Ye Yunzhi also spoke up for Jennie.

"Alright, alright. I won't rush them." Although he agreed verbally, he still felt that this matter needed to happen quickly.

Jennie returned to her room and instructed a servant to purchase a pregnancy test for her. She quietly used it in the bathroom.

Soon, she discovered that she truly wasn't pregnant! Why wasn't she pregnant?

Lisa stepped into the bedroom to see Jennie standing before the windows with a dejected expression. He spoke up in heartache. "My wife, what's wrong?"