698.Gifting The Lee Group Shares

"Grandfather, have you thought about my feelings?" Somi's eyes had reddened. She was able to tolerate all matters. However, this involved a loss of a billion dollars.

Furthermore, though she was his granddaughter, she had only ever received two million dollars of pocket money from him. She did not own the slightest bit of his shares!

"Your feelings?" Lee Jingyuan turned to her in confusion.

He spoke with some unhappiness. "Somi, didn't you say that you didn't verify our familial relationship for the sake of the Lee Group's inheritance? Besides, though our Lee family has over a hundred years of history, we're but one of the affluent families in this country. The business foundation and achievements that the Lee Group has today were all things I personally fought for. I have the right to decide what should be done with the Lee family's assets. What is this? Are you revealing your true colours just because I gave ten percent of our shares away?"

"Grandfather, that wasn't what I meant. I just..." Somi's tears rolled down her cheeks. "I was just jealous. You're treating an outsider even better than you treat your own granddaughter."

"Enough of that." Lee Jingyuan also softened his attitude. "In any case, you are the Lee family's only successor." Strangely, he did not wish to hand his inheritance over to Somi.

Jennie read the document and saw that it was actually ten percent of the Lee Group's shares.

She placed the document back in the envelope and handed it back to Lee Jingyuan. "Grandfather lee, I have received your sincere blessing, but I cannot bring myself to accept such a grand gift."

"This old man brought this for you. Accept it!" Lee Jingyuan insisted. "Besides, you already received it. There's no such thing as returning a wedding gift!"

Jennie glanced thoughtfully at Somi, who was clearly struggling to accept this. She then nodded lightly.

Based on her recollections of her past life, Lee Jingyuan would soon pass away.

Currently, it seemed like he would rather hand his stocks over to an outsider like her than to give it to Somi. This meant that Lee Jingyuan was not especially fond of this granddaughter.

It was a good idea to accept the stocks. After all, Somi was a woman with impure intentions.

In this lifetime, she would not allow Lee Jingyuan to die.

Considering the favour Elder Lee had given her today, if Somi truly cheated all his money away one day, she would return this ten percent of shares to him. At the very least, it would be enough for him to enjoy a comfortable retirement.

Somi watched as Jennie shamelessly accepted the shares worth a billion dollars. Her face nearly turned green from anger.

That was her money!

Kai and Huang Zhishu were similarly trembling in anger. Somi's things were akin to theirs! Losing it felt as painful as losing a portion of their flesh!

"Madam Manoban, Elder Lee was but being polite with you. Where did you find the face to accept his shares?" Huang Zhishu could not contain her anger as she spoke up for her daughter.

Before Jennie could respond, Lee Jingyuan raised his voice. "You're only Somi's adopted mother. Who gave you the right to interfere with my Lee Group's matters? What is it? You haven't taken enough of the Manoban family's money? Are you also greedy for my Lee family's money?"

"I..." Huang Zhishu immediately turned pale. "Director Lee, that wasn't what I meant."

"If it wasn't what you meant, then keep your mouth shut." Lee Jingyuan shot her a warning look.

Somi was full of grievance, but she did not dare to speak again. She only said, "I'm feeling unwell. Please excuse me." Saying so, she quickly ran out of the wedding venue.

No one paid attention to Somi.

Jennie stood before the reporters to declare. "Everyone, the Lee Group is a powerful corporation with a hundred years of history. It's inevitable that they'll be targeted by greedy individuals. I, Jennie Kim, will make a promise today to temporarily accept the shares Director Lee has given me. In the future, if he ever has the need, all he has to is to ask and I will return everything I own back to him."