c h a p t e r . t w e n t y . t h r e e . p a r t . t w o

ROYALTY

My injury is minor considering all the commotion and death I've just experienced. The scar started from my ear to the middle of my neck. It might have a faded scar but it's not as bad as I thought it was. In all honesty, my injuries were the last thing on my mind. Reign, being the observant man he is, dragged me straight into his arms and into his care. He's taken care of me and we're in the exam room, waiting on Cam to get here. Reign is in front of me, clearing up the area and sterilizing the equipment he used. He's still in his black ensemble except he put on his white coat. It was an unusual combination but my man looked sexy in anything. Something about his body and how well he takes care of it, just makes me want him entirely. "I can feel you staring at my ass through the coat, peach," Reign said with his back still turned.

I really wasn't this time, but what can I say? I'm a shallow, shallow woman for Reign Vincent. "Can't blame a girl," I blew him a kiss when he turned around. He walks toward my lying form on the bed. I tried to tell him multiple times that I was perfectly capable of sitting up on my own. Of course, my big, sweet, protective man didn't like that. He gave me the death glare on my fifth attempt and I've been lying down since then. Reign's soothing scent, mixed with a hint of sweat, filled my surroundings as he bent to my level on the bed with his north to my ear. I shuddered, feeling his five o'clock shadow ghosting my cheek. His arms cage me in on the bed.

"Listen to me, peach. When we leave this hospital and take our son home, I plan on bending your incredible, little body in every fvcking position I can think of." Reign growled. "So enjoy lying down because when you're on your knees for me, taking everything I give you until you beg me to stop, you'll miss this comfy position," he speaks in a low voice, placing soft kisses on my neck every now and then. "Got me?"

Another shudder ruins up my spine. I open my mouth to tell him that I really can't wait but a happy little voice bounces through the room. "Mama!" Cameron runs into the room, climbing the bed in record time and wrapping me in one of his famous hugs. This little boy has wiggled his way into my heart. He sees me as his mom and that is all I can ask for. He wasn't planned but sometimes the best things and people in our lives are unplanned. They catch us off guard and when we need them the most.

"Hi baby," I gladly wrapped my arms around one of my favorite tiny people. "I missed you so much, Cam Cam," he giggles at his new nickname. It suits him- his bubbly personality, sweet demeanor, contagious little smile. I love him so much. I peppered his entire face with kisses. Cam shifts to get a little more comfortable, his movements pulling on the tender cut on my neck.

"Careful buddy. Mama has some injuries," Reign says softly at the side of us. Cam's bright blue eyes come to me, scanning my face to the covered scar on my neck.

His little eyes then stare up at Reign with so many questions swimming in his eyes."She's going to be okay, right? You're gonna fix her- just like you did me?"

Reign looks at him with a soft smile and an unreadable expression. "Mama's going to be just fine. I'm going to fix her," Reign answers Cam with the gentlest voice.

Surprising us both, Cameron moves, hiding his face in my lap and whispers, "Good, because I don't want to lose another mummy."

A sudden fluttery feeling settles on my chest. Sitting here with my two boys, my heart and life feel full and lacking nothing. I touch Cam's face saying, "I love you, buddy."

My sweet boy smiles at me and gives me the best hug ever. My bottom lip quivers a bit when Cam brings Reign into our little hug. "You join too daddy," Cam lets go of me for a nanosecond and drags reign into the same position. He carefully hops out the bed next to me and embraces both of us. Cam settles between us and Reign looks at him like he's amazed.

Reign takes a second to compose himself and I notice his bold green eyes glistening. His eyes meet mine and I know exactly what he's telling me. I bite back my incoming tears and nod. Our forever includes the little boy who's currently rambling about the different snacks he wants us to get him. Just as we finish our hug, Cameron asks for ice cream and heads downstairs with a nurse who enters the room just in time.

The moment he's out the door, Reign's eyes meet mine. "Being loved by you has filled a void in me I didn't even know existed. You've supported me in ways I can only dream of repaying. I love you and seeing you with Cameron makes our forever so much better. I met Cameron the same day you did and I haven't been the same since," I cupped his stubbled check. and he's a part of our story and I would like to make it official, what do you think?"

Reign loving grabs my face and kisses me his answer. "Been wanting to scream 'yes' for weeks, peach. I refuse to picture my life without the both of you. You're my family." Reign keeps holding my face with such ferocity. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you," he says in between kisses.

"Mama, why are you and daddy crying?" Cam's little voice unexpectedly fills the room again. Reign and I looked and smiled at our little person who had chocolate ice cream dripping down his arm. "Did something bad happen?" Cam's bold sea eyes peered at us.

"Come here, buddy," Reign chuckles grabbing some wipes to clean up the human chocolate fountain. When he's done, Cam sits between us again. "Nothing bad happened. We're just really happy. Mama and I made a big decision while you were gone."

"What kind of de- decision?" he asks, slightly stumbling on the word. Reign looks at me one more time. As if I'd change my mind. I nodded.

Taking a deep breath, he looks at Cam. "We want to ask you a really important question, Cam. What do you think about Royalty and I officially becoming your mom and dad?"

Cam's little jaw drops. "What?"

"We want to adopt you," I spoke now. My baby's blue eyes met mine. "We love you, Cam Cam, and want nothing more than to give you the love and future you deserve," I wipe his soft cheek. "It's your choice, baby."

Cam's unsure, teary, excited eyes dart between us. "Really? You want me to stay?"

"Of course, we do," Reign ruffles Cam's hair. "What do you say, buddy?"

"Yes!" Cameron screams, trying his best to engulf both of us in an excited yet careful hug. "I want to stay with you and mama forever," he smiles brightly wiping his cheek. "Mama, are you staying too? We can have sleepovers every night and breakfast for dinner and pizza! Mama, can we get pizza when we get home." Cam starts to ramble. I laugh, knowing this little monster is going to guilt trip with that pout and chubby cheeks.

Reign looks at me with that look and then moves to Cam. "Seems like she's stuck with us, buddy." I rolled my eyes playfully. I love being stuck with these two. Life with my Vincent boys.