stay away (powderblue)

Start from the beginning

Why him?

Why not me?!

I threw my shoe at the wall, then the other one.

This wasn't fair. Not at all!

I hated the thoughts it was giving me. Them kissing, them touching, everything!

In the evening my granny returned from her girls day, after that the house was silent. Until, at 11pm, there was a knock on my door.

"Tad? Tad, please open the door. We can talk about what evers bothering you!", my brother called.

"You are the only thing bothering me! Go away!", I cried out.

"Tad, please.", suddenly I realized his voice was shaking. Then I heard soft sobs. Was he crying?!

I opened the door slowly. He actually had tears stream down his face. I let him in, but he kinda fell right on to me.

"Tad, please, please don't hate me! I will fix everything, just don't hate me!", he sobbed. He didn't smell suspicious. No. He was sober.

I wrapped my arms around him, closed the door and sat him down on the bed.

He wiped his eyes quickly.

"I never ment to hurt you.", he sniffed.

"Well, you did, but...i don't know. I'm really hurt.", I gave in.

Then I sat down next to him and allowed him to cry in my shoulder.

"Are you drunk?", I asked, just to make sure.

"You know I don't drink. Never.", he sniffed.

"I don't want to be like father.", he added.

I nodded. Our father had been an alcoholic and a pedophile. Bad combination.

"Tad, I'm really sorry. I, I can leave again.", Zad than claimed.

"Why are you here anyway?", I asked.

"Well, I missed you. I really care about you and I feel obligated to protect you. I want to be the best older brother you could have.", he sniffed, then wiped his face again.

"You...do?"

"Well, yes. Ever since I left you alone with...him...I feel like I've failed you. I mean, I knew that if I left, he'd turn to you. And I let that happen, because I was selfish and-"

Oh no. No. He wouldn't get to end this sentence. No.

"You were a child. Zaddie, he raped you! You had to get away!", I cut him short.

"But I left you with him!", ny brother blurted out.

"And I never blamed you for that! Besides, I'm good now. I don't need therapy anymore, granny takes good care of me and I have amazing friends! I'm happy, Zad.", I explained.

"Then why are you so angry at me?", he asked.

I took a deep breath.

"You said you really cared about me and felt like you had to protect me, right?"

He nodded.

"I feel that way about William. In all the years I've known him, he was nothing but a innocent sweetheart and a big cutie. I, I've been in love with him for a while, but he never looked my way. And I can't make a move, because I cannot risk my friendship with his twin.", I then told him.

Tad looked at his fidgeting hands for a bit. Then he said:

"I'm sorry. Oh god, if I would've known! I never would've touched him!", he then said. I ran a hand through my hair.

"You do realize he's also 16?", I chuckled.

Zad gasped.

"No way! He said he was 18!", he then started cursing.

"Zad. Please let him down slowly. He deserves to be treated with kindness.", I smiled.

"I will.", my brother assured me.

~~~
PoV Will
I gazed at Zad. He was so handsome.

Then I leaned in to kiss him, but he covered my mouth with his hand.

"Nope, not gonna happen. William, we need to talk.", he said.

"Oh. What is it?", I sighed.

"William, I truly adore you, but...first of all, you're way to young for me and second...I'm not comfortable in relationships. I was just in it for the sex, but you deserve someone who actually cares about you.", he then said. I looked away sadly.

"Besides, I don't think you're in love with me.", he added.

"What do you mean by that?", I asked.

"I think you are in love with the parts of me, that remind you of Tad. You are in love with my brother. ", he explained.

I sighed.

"Well, I don't know, I, I guess that could be true, but...", I trailed off.

"But what about Bill?", he chuckled. I nodded.

"Bill is your brother. He wants you to be happy. Doesn't he?", he said.

I nodded.

"Then go. Go and date my dorky brother!", he said dramatically and waved his arms around.

I smiled softly. Then I kissed his cheek and jumped up.

I practically ran to Tads room and burst through the door without knocking.

He looked up from his phone.

"Kiss me before I lose the necessary bravery to come close to you!", I cried out.

"Uhm, what?", he asked.

"I kno, it is against your stupid brocode, but your brothers right! I love you!", I brabbled.

"What the fuck did Zad tell you?!", Tad chuckled. I huffed angrily.

"I know you like me. Think I haven't noticed. Now, do you want a kiss or....", I already felt my bravery melt. Tad looked puzzled.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry. That was stupid. I'll just...go.", I said softly. Then I turned around.

Suddenly Tad grabbed my wrist.

"Stay. Please.", he said.

Then he turned me around. We gazed at each other for a bit. Then we leaned in.

His lips on mine felt so amazing. They were so soft. I melted into his lips, his embrace, him.

Oh, my Taddie bear.