the healer 2

Death at the end

PoV Axolotl
I didn't have a chance to talk to Will in weeks because I had to go into battle again.

But this time was different,  because I didn't kill any of the demons but locked them in cells under the palace.

My point of view had changed after witnessing Wills outburst.

I had finally realized demons had feelings. And that there was evil in me too. Sooo much evil.

It just wasn't directed towards my own kind.

PoV Will
I shouldn't have went to the cells, but something drew me towards them.

I soon found out what it was.

"Till! Oh my, TILL!", I cried out when I saw him.

He lifted his head and smiled weakly.

"Didn't expect to see you here, little one. Hi.", My brother replied.

I felt the tears rise into my eyes.

"Where are the others?", I asked, scared of the answer.

"Bill and Chill must be somewhere in here. I think Kill escaped thou-", Till started coughing and cursing.

"Will? What are you doing down here?", I suddenly heard Axls voice.

He put his hands on my shoulders.

Suddenly Till jumped up and shot as far towards the door as possible.

"GET YOUR DIRTY PAWS OF HIM! I SWEAR, IF YOU TOUCHED HIM-", Till yelled.

"Easy, demon. William is one of us now. Your kind didn't deserve his kindness anyway.", Axl said.

I wanted to say something, but I couldn't.

He had magically blocked my mouth.

~~~

"I HATE YOU!", I yelled at Axl.

"How could you say that?! I'll never be one of you, I'm a demon! I'LL ALWAYS BE A DEMON! A CIPHER!", I then screamed.

Axl sighed deeply.

Then he ran a hand through his hair.

"I have seen your memories. They beat you down, bullied you and tore your self-esteem apart. How can you say, you were one of them when they so clearly don't want you? You're betraying yourself. ", he claimed.

"I need to go for a walk...", I sniffed .

"Alright. Claw will accompany you. But stay in the garden.", said Axl.

I went to Claws room and he gladly went along. I haven't been outside in so long, I really enjoyed it.

I then went to Axls room, to apologize for my behavior.

When I entered the room, he was reading the book I had finished shortly.

"I thought it confused you?", I smirked.

"Well, it does. But I thought I might give it another shot."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, wasn't okay...", I said quietly.

Axl smiled at me and suddenly my heart beat faster.

I blushed.

"Are you not feeling well? You look so red.", he asked worriedly.

I shook my head.

He stood up and put a hand to my head.

"Do demons get fever?", He whispered.