Chapter 64

I woke up early the next morning getting ready, not wanting to be late to meet up with kyo. Once I finished, I head straight for the front gate. as expected kyo was already waiting for me with a large bag slung over his shoulder. 

"Good morning, did you wait long?" 

He shook his head. 

"I just got here." 

"We'll probably have to train somewhere else, even though the butterfly estate has a big dojo there probably won't be room to use it right now, there are a lot of slayers doing recovery training at the moment. The mountain nategumo incident really took a toll on us." 

I frowned. 

"Worry not Y/n things will turn around now with your and the masters planning, our forces will be rebuilt and strengthened in no time." 

'Hopefully... I'm still feeling uneasy...' 

"now let's put all that dreariness to the side and go train, I have the perfect place. We should get food first though since you probably haven't had breakfast. fighting on empty stomach isn't good for you, we should also probably get lunch for later as well."

 "Mmn." 

I nod in agreement and we set out. After getting breakfast and lunch for later, Kyojuro led me to an open field not unlike the one we would go to near mount Sigiri. Kyojuro heaved the bag from his shoulder. 

"This is the place... I found it as I was walking one day, it reminded me of the field where we used to train near the village." 

"I was just thinking something similar. What do you have in the bag?" 

I walk up next to him looking over his shoulder as he untied it. 

"Training materials. I remember that you said you wanted to work on endurance training so I brought some of the things I used with mitsuri." 

He took out what looked to be modified weights that you could tie to your arms and legs. 

"We'll wear these as we run and do drills. Also I brought these..." 

he pulled out two training boken. 

"Now that you've learned your breathing style I thought it would be fun to spar together, we can also work on hand to hand combat as well. Then after that we can have lunch." 

"Good plan." 

"Let's get started then." 

We began with doing drills with weights tied to our limbs. I must admit that it did seem to work. Even though I was doing total concentration breathing it tired me out faster. After we took the weights off and decided to spar with the boken, pitting our breathing styles against one another. Kyojuro won of course but I still managed to hold my own for a bit. which I was greatly proud of but it did show me I still had a long way to go. But there was one thing I was proud of  currently I was holding my own quite well in the hand to hand combat match we were having. Although it seems I spoke too soon as Kyojuro managed to knock me off my feet and I landed on my back. 

"Oooof..." 

he looked down at me. 

"Do you yield little flame?" 

'Oh hell no! I already lost one match I'm not about to lose a second one!' 

Kyojuro's eyes were so focused on mine; he didn't notice my foot sweep under his legs knocking him off balance and onto his back. I rolled on top of him pining his arms by his head and leaning over and straddling him. I smirked down at him staring straight into his eyes.