Chapter 6

I learned that the woman's name was chiho. the man who usually helps her husband make the deliveries injured his shoulder when trying to show off in front one of the women in the village while trying to gain her attention. We ended up in front of a large block of storehouses. A huge  cart that had cover over it to keep the items that were being transported in good condition. A middle aged man who had his hair in a ponytail was about to board the cart when chiho called out to him. 

"Hiro!" 

The man looked back. 

"chiho?" 

He walked over to us. 

"what is it?" 

"Oh good! I'm glad I caught you before you left. I found someone to help you this rout for the deliveries. This is y/n." 

She gave me a small push forward. Hiro looked down at me doubtfully.  

"Dear not that I don't trust you but she's a child. I don't think she can carry the delivery of some of the items." 

"Then give her the ones she can carry. despite what you say; you won't be able to finish this delivery within the promised timeframe without help, and Shinji is currently out of commission. I already made a deal with the girl. she's a hard worker very strong and smart. she will not let you down. You just have to drop her off at the last village you make the delivery too. Isn't that right y/n?" 

"Yes! I promise I'll work hard and fulfill each task given." 

Hiro raises one of his eyebrows at me in consideration than sighs. 

"Very well but I don't tolerate slacking understand." 

"Yes sir." 

I bow to him. 

"Come on let's go." 

He helps me into the cart than turns to chiho. 

"I'll see you when I return in a week." 

She nods. 

"take care and be safe." 

He climbs on the cart giving a wave as we start to roll away. 

"Listen kid we got a long ride ahead of us till we get to the next village. Probably best to get some rest now." 

"Okay." 

I lay in the back of the cart closing my eyes. So I have step one and almost step two done of my mothers instructions on what to do if a demon ever were to attack our house. Get out of yoshiwara then go to urokodaki who'll know what to do. Apparently he was a close friend of hers and he happened to be the owner of the crow that continually visited my mother with letters. 

She told me in the bundle was a letter for him in case something like this would ever happen. Now that I think about it I don't know what she packed in it. Well that's not completely true I knew that the letter was in it but also a koto. Granted it was smaller than the average one but still a working koto. In hindsight I think chiho was right saying I wouldn't have made it to mount sigiri on foot. I'm truly grateful she managed to get me this opportunity.

Eventually over the course of a week hiro and I managed to get to the village that was near the base of mount sigiri. In our time together hiro learned that I was more than capable of helping out. I did the tasks given in record time. Even sometimes managing to negotiate a higher price from the merchants we delivered the goods too. Apparently through my negotiations with the different merchants on our way through he managed to make twice as much profit as the last time he did this trade root. He even asked if I wanted a permanent job with him. Although a kind offer I couldn't accept; he understood why but insisted that if I was in the area and needed anything I was welcome to drop by anytime.