Chapter 10

It's been two years now since I started living with Urokodaki, Sabito, and Giyuu. Everything was peaceful, well as peaceful as it can be in a house with two boys training to be demon slayers and their master. I'm ten years old now and Giyuu and Sabito are now twelve. they'll be heading off to final selection in a couple more years. There's no doubt they both got stronger since they work so hard and still continue to do so. 

I've decided to make them something special. And today's the day I'm gonna get permission to the village to get what I needed. After the two had breakfast and left to train, that left me with Urokodaki and the perfect opportunity to ask for permission. 

"Hey, Urokodaki." 

he looked up from the fire that was fizzling out. 

"Can I go to the neighboring village to get some cloth? I want to make Giyuu and Sabito new yukatas. the ones they have now are almost completely worn and Giyuu's belonged to his late sister. If he continues to wear it while training I don't know how many more times I'll be able to fix it."  

He hummed. 

"very well. let me-" 

"I can do it on my own, I'll be fine." 

He stiffened a bit at my quick response. 

'crap.' 

"It's not that I don't want you to go with me..." 

I back tracked, he's always been more protective of me, maybe it was because I was the child of his old friend I was never sure it was sweet though. 

"it's just I know you're really busy with training Sabito and Giyuu. I know how important that is, besides I know my way there and back well it won't take long. I'll be back before it's time to make lunch." 

"very well but be careful. and take this with you." 

he handed me some money and a wrapping cloth. 

"thanks so much!" 

We walked outside in front of the house. 

"alright I'll be off now." 

I was about to leave when- 

"wait." 

I turn back to Urokodaki who straightened the collar of my yukata and adjusted my mothers comb in the bun in my hair making sure it was secure. 

"ok, now you're ready." 

"Right!" 

I smile wildly. it's moments like this that makes me happy to be living here with Urokodaki, Giyuu, and Sabito this truly was home. I hear footsteps coming nearer. I turn to see Giyuu and Sabito coming our way. they must've just finished descending the mountain for the first time today.  

"Hey you two." 

"Hey guys how was the trip down the mountain this morning?" 

"Fine. I think we managed to get past all the traps without incident." 

"Good that means I'll add some new ones." 

"Eh?! since when were you here?!" 

his head snapped to where Urokodaki was standing not to far from me. 

"Sabito he's been here the whole time. You just have a habit of turning everything out around you when you see y/n." 

Giyuu cut in with his usual quiet voice. 

"Hey-" 

"is that so? we'll have to fix that then, it's important to always be aware of your surroundings as a swordsman."