𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

He moves closer and whispers. "And I thought you were reading some crap about plants."

I immediately slam the book shut.

"Shut up I'm trying to listen to the teacher." I whisper back.

My attention goes straight to what the teacher just announced. "We are doing a project and I am choosing partners."

"can't we choose." I hear someone yell out. "No." She snaps.

I sink in my seat and sigh.

I watch as she hands out the assignments and chooses partners. Oh god she is going off who you're sitting next to.

"Nate and Olivia." She hands them paper and they both look at each other and smile.

"Maddie and Harvey." She nods to us and hands me the paper. "Thank you." I smile trying to hide my anger.

As soon as she leaves, I turn to Harvey who is reading the assignment.

"You can do all the work if you want." He shrugs. "No thank you."

I hear Olivia laugh when she sees Harvey and I as partners. I turn and give her a look.

"Okay we are gonna have to go after school and do this." I say. "You mean you will."

"Harvey I am not doing all this work by myself." I exhale and rub the side of my head.

"Well, I have training tonight, but we can do after?" he suggests.

Oh, thank goodness he isn't being annoying about this.

"Alright."

"You're doing all the hard stuff." He looks at me.

"I am not." "Yes, you are." "No." "Yes." "Harvey." 

He chuckles.

I go back to reading but he immediately starts poking me with the pencil again. "You're literally a toddler."

He stops and lays down on the table.

The bell rings and he practically jumps out of his chair and heads out the door.

    ༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

I wait for Harvey in the library, but it is nearly 6. I am about to get up when someone comes walking over.

It's fucking Isaac.

My ex-boyfriend.

"What do you want?" I roll my eyes at him. "We need to talk."

"Why?" I grunt.

"Because I am still in Love with you Mads." He comes closer.

Oh here he goes. 

"Are you serious?" "Very." He nods.

"Then why did you treat me like crap?" I whisper yell.

"I'm so sorry."

"Your apology is not gonna cut it this time. I forgave you for cheating on me, for ignoring me for everything. But no, I am done." I spit out.

"Please Maddie."

"No Isaac just leave."

"Mads come on its me." He persists.

Why is this kid so annoying.

"I said leave Isaac." I flip through my book to hide the emotions clearly all over my face. But he still stands there.

"She said leave buddy." A familiar voice says.
Harvey comes closer. "Who are you to talk?" Isaac asks.

"Leave." He says, towering over him.

If I was Isaac I would have sprinted. That looks terrifying. 

"Alright, alright calm down." He puts his hands up in defeat.

"See you later Mads." "No thank you." I shake my head.

What the hell was that?

Trying not to take it into too much thought why he did that. I watch Isaac walk away and Harvey comes and sits across from me.

"Thank you." I sigh. He just nods and opens his book.

Awkward.

Shut up I am so bad in these situations.

"Okay so let's get started." I stutter.

He nods again and keeps his head down at his books.

"So, we gotta do it about the book we read at the start of the year." I break the silence.

"Alright." He says.

"Why are you so quiet?" I blurt out.

Oh god.

He looks up at me. "Because I can be." He teases.

"Because I can be." I repeat his words.

"Shut up." He snaps.

"No." "Yes." "no."

"Maddie." 

I roll my eyes. "Just do the work."

30 minutes later and we have made hardly any progress. He groans and leans back in his chair. "I have done enough for today."

"No, we are getting this done now so we don't have to deal with this again." I explain.

"Are you serious? There is so much to do Mads."

"Are you serious? I don't care we are doing it, Harvs." I nearly laugh at my own joke.

"Don't call me that." He says with a stern look. "Don't call me Mads." I cross my arms.

"I can call you what I want." He replies.

I look up at him and give him a look. "Can we just finish the work please?"

"Yeah, go ahead." He picks up his phone.

"Harvey."

"Maddie."

"You're so annoying." I mumble.

He places his phone down. "Fine. Let's get this done so we don't have to see each other again."

"You're the one who always comes up to me in school." I open my laptop up.

"Yeah, to annoy you."

"Oh, you do love annoying me." I shake my head in frustration, and type in book reviews on my laptop.

"Write this in the poster." I read out the information.

"Slow down." He says as he writes it on the poster.

"Write faster then."

"But then you will kill me for it not looking neat." He sneers

"Your right for once." I shrug.

 ༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

That is it for chapter two! I can't wait for the Europe trip. I have practically already written half the story so now I am just editing it and posting it for you to enjoy :)