Chapter 15

I made my way into the great hall as always, my eyes drifting over to the Gryffindor table but not finding the trio in their usual spots. I shrugged and headed towards the Hufflepuff table instead, I supposed the trio were still getting themselves into some sort of trouble and didn't doubt they would be back by the evening with their heads hanging low and a few less house points for Gryffindor than they started the day with. As I approached an empty spot at the Hufflepuff table, I heard a familiar voice call my name and looked up. Further up the table Poppy was waving to me and beckoning me over, she sat with Olivia and Nell. I was surprised as they all normally sat separately with various other groups of friends, Poppy was particularly popular and had a few friend groups whereas Olivia tended to sit alone, Nell would sit with the quidditch players as an avid quidditch player herself. However, not today it would seem, I approached them with a smile on my face and raised an eyebrow.

"Sit with us, y/n!" Poppy grinned at me, shifting over to make space for me next to her.

"Don't normally see you three together outside of our dorm!" I smiled as I sat down next to Poppy.

"We've been sitting together a lot recently but you're always at the Gryffindor table!" Nell responded with a role of her eyes to which I nodded, knowing she was right.

"Speaking of, no trio today?" Poppy asked curiously.

"Sometimes they disappear off, usually getting into trouble! They've never invited me to get into trouble with them but I don't think I'd have the time for it," I shrugged with a laugh.

"Well we would invite you to get into trouble with us," Olivia piped up with a small smile, smoothing her mess of brown hair out of her eyes.

"Thank you, I don't think I need more trouble in my life though," I laughed. We continued our breakfast like this, laughing and chatting. I noticed that I had more of a chance to talk about myself and tell my stories with them as well as listening to what they had to say, unlike with the trio who I often just sat with and listened to the various adventures they had gone on and troubles they had gotten into. It was nice, I hadn't realised how much I wanted to just chat to other students about normal Hogwarts things, normal student things. 

Nell suddenly smacked her hand down onto my arm and held it with wide eyes and a grin, grabbing Olivia's arm at the same time too. 

"Guys! We should go to Hogsmeade together! This weekend! We could go to The Three Broomsticks together," she grinned excitedly, clapping her hands together.

"Yes! Absolutely," Poppy grinned back, nodding animatedly, Olivia was also nodding and making sounds of agreement.

"I could really go for a drink," I agreed, trying not to sound too excited. The trio never went for for drinks, they always had so much to do

"Then it's a plan, Friday evening after class we will all go back to our dorm and get ready before going to The Three Broomsticks!" Nell sounded triumphant, a pleased look on her face.

~~~

Time passed quickly and before I knew it, Friday evening had come around and we were all marching up the streets of Hogsmeade towards The Three Broomsticks. We had had a lot of fun getting ready together and had put in a lot of effort to looking good for the evening. I wore a nice pair of jeans with a low cut top, it had a couple of popper buttons in the front that if unbuttoned, gave an even better view of my cleavage which was very well accentuated by the push up bra I had dusted off. My hair was half pulled up and tied with a pretty bow and my make up made my eyes appear large, the mascara making my lashes look long and dark. We all laughed and chatted as we practically skipped our way up the streets, my attention was pulled away for a moment when I saw a familiar light of platinum hair in a small alley.