Chapter 6

~

A/N: I will leave a photo of the dress I imagined in the comments if anyone wishes to see it :)

~

The yule ball came around faster than expected and I felt excited to have a chance to wear something beautiful. I had chosen the most gorgeous deep red evening dress, it fitted my figure beautifully and splayed out slightly as it passed my thighs with a split and a skirt long enough to graze the floor. The sleeves hung off my shoulders elegantly and my hair was curled, mostly up but a few curls free to frame my face. I smiled at myself in the mirror, feeling genuinely beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from wondering what Draco might think when he saw me.

"How do I look, George?" I asked my silly frog who was sitting on the edge of the sink and who simply ribbited back at me. I smiled in amusement before taking him back to his enclosure.

"y/n, you look incredible!" gasped Poppy, one of the girls who shared my dorm. 

"So do you!" I gasped back at the pretty blonde girl in her Hufflepuff yellow dress, she looked like sunshine. She gave me a genuine smile before nipping into the bathroom I had been hogging. I took a deep breath, deciding to make my way to the great hall.

I felt nervous as I made my way towards the great hall, I could see Harry stood by the entrance to the hall but my attention was fully taken by Draco in his black suit. Harry stared at me as I approached, as did Draco, this gave me a small bit of satisfaction.

"y/n, you look... I have no words..." Harry stuttered as I stopped in front of him.

"I can think of some words," Draco interrupted, approaching Harry and I, only to take my hand and bow slightly, kissing the back of my hand. "You look a real pure blood beauty this evening, y/n," Draco smirked. My mouth opened but nothing came out, I was shocked that he had shown me any kind of appreciation in public and even used my first name. He dropped my hand with a wink and strolled into the great hall.

"I'm sorry, y/n, he's trying to get to me," Harry mumbled, my eyes left the spot where Draco had just been and snapped to Harry.

"Because he couldn't possibly think I'm beautiful?" I snapped, insulted that Harry thought this was about him.

"No, that's not what I meant! He's just trying to use you to get to me though," Harry restated what he had said but worded slightly differently.

"Excuse me?" I snapped again, angry that Harry didn't think Draco would call me beautiful for any reason other than to get to him. "Surely you can hear how insulting that sounds, Harry?!" I asked, trying to breathe. He looked troubled as his mouth opened and closed with nothing to say. I sighed, "forget it, I believe we have a dance to get to?". Harry nodded, offering me his arm, we entered just in time for the first dance of the champions of the Triwizard Tournament.

Harry placed one hand on my waist, the other offered out for me to take, I accepted his hand and the dance began. I couldn't help but smile, enjoying the feeling of spinning around and dancing, Harry smiled back at me as he spun me around. Others began to join the dance and soon the first dance was coming to an end. Harry eyed me nervously as the end approached before looking behind me with a look on his face that I couldn't read, I looked back to see it was Draco Malfoy he was looking at with this strange triumphant look on his face. His eyes snapped back to me as the song ended and he dipped me down in a dramatic ending, surprising me when he brought his lips down on mine while leaning me back. Everyone in the room saw this, including Draco, and I realised that was what Harry wanted. I stood back up, pushing Harry away from me.

"What the hell was that?" I demanded but Harry was too busy giving Draco the look of a child who had won the game. I shoved Harry, "I am not some pawn in your pissing contest with Draco Malfoy!" I spat, furious as I stormed away, exiting the great hall through a side door that led me out to a balcony and stairs that led down to the gardens.