Chapter 2

A few weeks passed and September was already coming to an end, our first month had been a busy one with the announcement of the Triwizard Tournament and I found myself becoming more and more confident. I was determined not to sink into old habits and it didn't go unnoticed. I sat at the Gryffindor table with my friends, laughing and enjoying the food that adorned the tables in masses.

"y/n, I like this change in you, you're confident, I like it," Hermione smiled, "carry on like this and the sorting hat will have to change its mind and move you to Gryffindor," she continued, referring to my new found bravery.

"That would be nice," smiled Harry as he bumped his shoulder against mine, causing a blush to creep up my cheeks. I noticed Hermione give me a knowing look, causing my cheeks to become even warmer. 

"What's wrong with your face?" laughed an irritating voice that could only belong to Draco Malfoy.

"Go away, Malfoy," sighed Harry, rolling his eyes at Malfoy before looking over at me with an oblivious look on his face, clearly wondering what Draco meant.

"Funny, I was going to ask you the same thing," I smiled up at Draco. It almost felt natural to argue with him at this point, answering back no longer sent me into a nervous breakdown. I could have been wrong, but it was almost like Draco enjoyed it too, some days it felt like he sought me out to argue with me. But then again, maybe not. Draco huffed and curled his lip up at me in disgust before storming away, ensuring he bumped hard against my shoulder on his way past. 

The rest of our meal went by without any other problems and it wasn't long before I was walking to Charms class with my friends.

"y/n, where's your book?" Referring to the book we were all meant to bring a copy of to class today. My eyes widened.

"In my dorm!" I gasped, "I can still make it on time if I run back and grab it now, I'll meet you guys back in class!" I said before breaking out into a run to get back to my dorm. I rounded a corner to a quiet hallway, most students already in class now, not wanting to cut it as fine as I was. I continued to run down the quiet hallway, rounding another corner and crashing straight into a hard chest. Mint and cologne surrounded me and my eyes widened once again. Please not now, I begged inside my head.

"If it isn't the little mouse," Malfoy's voice came like a bucket of cold water and I found myself staring up at icy grey eyes. 

"Out of the way, Malfoy," I groaned, trying to shove him aside but he held my wrists in his two large hands.

"That's not very polite, y/l/n," he tutted, surprising me by knowing my last name. He held tightly onto my wrists as he pushed me backwards. My back hit a wall.

"I don't have time right now!" I hissed, trying once again, unsuccessfully, to push him away. I was becoming painfully aware of how close he now stood, his grey eyes piercing into me. A strand of platinum hair flopped in front of his forehead and I had the inexplicable urge to push it away.

"But little mouse-" he started with a smirk.

"-I'm not a bloody mouse, Draco!" I interrupted, the irritation clear in my voice.

"No... Certainly not anymore..." He trailed off thoughtfully, there was a look in his eyes that I didn't quite understand, it was as though he was looking past me. Then his eyes shot back to mine and a smirk appeared on his face once again. "I like it," he whispered, leaning his head down to my ear and sending a shiver down my spine. I didn't know what to say, my lips parted slightly in shock as I stared up at him, his face now very close to mine. Before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine, kissing me roughly. He let go of my wrists and his hands found my waist, pulling me tightly against him. Unsure of why I did it, I kissed him back for a moment, causing him to smirk against my mouth. I quickly snapped out of it, breaking away from the kiss and shoving Draco away from me, this time he did not resist. He allowed himself to step backwards, breathing heavily as he watched me with a smug smirk on his face. I held my hand to my lips before coming to my senses and side stepping Draco, rushing off to Charms class with my brain in a fog like state.

What the bloody hell had just happened?

I slipped into class just as Professor Flitwick appeared at the head of the class. I was just in time, hurriedly taking my seat next to Hermione.

"Where's your book?" hissed Hermione from beside me.

"My book? Oh! Yeah, uh-" I stopped abruptly, cursing myself for not getting the one thing I went to get. "I, uh, couldn't find it..." I trailed off, my hand subconsciously raising to my lips once again. Hermione gave me a funny look but didn't press the issue further. I was in a daze for the rest of the lesson, my mind stuck on one thing and one thing only. Why had he done that? The more I thought about it, the more frustrated I got. Why had I kissed him back? And why did bloody Draco Malfoy have to steal my first kiss from me?