Chapter Twenty-Six

You got me down on my knees
It's getting harder to breathe out
- Chase Atlantic

~ Midas ~

She sat on the edge of my bed. Her hair was wet from her shower. Her scent was filling the room, and it was driving me crazy. I felt like I was drunk off of it.

"You're staying here from now on." I said, and she looked at me, narrowing her eyes.

"But I like my room." She whined, and I shook my head.

"Then we will stay in your room, I don't give a shit. I'm not leaving your side." She looked up at me with a smile before grabbing the waistband of my pants and pulling me close. She kissed me slowly and I was slowly losing control. I pulled away, looking down at her as she sat on my bed.

"Lift your shirt, I have to clean your stitches." I grabbed the bag that Lyric gave me, and opened it. She pulled her shirt up and I kneeled on the ground in front of her. Her eyes filled with lust, as they trailed my body.

"No." I said, and she let out a groan.

"Why not." She huffed, and I chuckled.

"First off, you got shot. Secondly, you need to relax. And third, you need to let what happen sink in, because I don't think you wanting to fuck after getting back from being kidnapped is right. Maybe it is? I don't know, I'm not a doctor." She threw her head back, letting out a loud laugh.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Rosso." She said, her lips tilting upward.I slowly patted the alcohol on her body, cleaning the wound, slowly. She didn't wince, didn't flinch, I looked up at her and she chuckled.

"This is nothing compared to some of the things I've been through." She said softly, her hands went up to my hair, running her fingers through. I hummed, wanting to close my eyes and relax.

"We still need to talk." I spoke with a blank tone. She nodded, biting her lip.

"I know." She breathed out and I looked up at her before grabbing the bandages. I slowly opened the bandage tap, sticking a piece of gauze to the wound before wrapping it up. She closed her eyes, twirling one of my curls around her finger.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, pulling her shirt down. She opened her eyes, and instantly connected with mine.

"I'm okay. In pain, but what else is new." She chuckled, adjusting herself to lean against the headboard. I was about to open my mouth when my phone rang. I gave her a look and she nodded. I answered it, holding it to my ear and standing in front of her.

"Capo, we have three men in the basement. The one that was on top of Aurora is beaten already, it's not hard to figure out which one it was." Leo said, and I clenched my jaw, looking down at her curled up in my bed.

"I'm on my way." I stated, looking at Aurora who looked at me with a questioning gaze. I hung up the phone, walking towards her and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Get some sleep, I'll be back." I kissed her forehead and froze at the action. Something that felt so intimate, so secure. I stood up, and she let out a deep breath.

"Be careful." She said and I smirked.

"You should be wishing that to the other guy." I opened the door, walking out of the room. I quickly walked down the hallway, getting in the elevator and hitting the basement floor. I was bouncing on my feet as the elevator went down. The excitement was rushing through my veins as I walked through the basement.