Chapter 53 Getting back on track

Start from the beginning

She worked as an apprentice in a paper mill, where she could not only learn real skills, but also get paid every month. Compared with being a part-time worker, she had been promoted by leaps and bounds.

Fang Zhiruo is also doing well. She is busy making paper all day long, and has long forgotten the pain of a broken engagement. What are men? It's not as real as money! While running a paper mill, she develops new paper. In her spare time, she also develops customer sources and makes a lot of calculations.

Everyone is slowly getting back on track.

Whilst the little sisters talked about old times, Xie Miao and Sun Shenyuan entered a small room.

Sun Shenyuan has left Qingcai Academy and was recommended by Chief Minister Luo to study with a famous teacher. People are in high spirits when happy events happen. He smiled broadly and bowed deeply to her, "Miss Xie, thanks to your guidance, Shenyuan was able to get this opportunity. Shenyuan is very grateful!"

Xie Miao accepted his thanks, but she was also modest, "I just pointed out the way for you. The one who really walks the road is you. If you are not full of talent and learning, Chief Minister Luo would not appreciate you much."

Sun Shenyuan said: "Miss Xie's words are wrong. You are Shenyuan's benefactor——"

Xie Miao waved her hand, "Okay, don't be polite, I'm doing all this for Xining."

Sun Shenyuan said solemnly: "Shenyuan will work harder to achieve success and recognition as soon as possible and then go to ask for Xining's hand in marriage."

It sounds easy to say, but everyone knows that it is really difficult to do.

Xie Miao asked: "Do you know about Jixia Academy?"

Sun Shenyuan is a scholar, so he naturally knows about the world-famous Jixia Student Debate. Just as he was about to nod, an idea suddenly came to his mind, "Miss Xie wants me to attend the Jixia Student Debate next month?"

Xie Miao smiled and said: "Exactly."

Sun Shenyuan hesitated slightly, "I am qualified to join the association because of the teacher's recommendation, but..."

Xie Miao: But?

"The Jixia Academy brings together elite students from all over the dynasty. Compared with them, I am less talented and less knowledgeable. It is not an exaggeration to say that I am a frog in the well."

Xie Miao raised her head and said, "You mean, Chief Minister Luo is a fool, and he is willing to take you in because you saved his father's life?"

Sun Shenyuan hurriedly said: "Teacher is certainly far-sighted——"

"That's it. If you don't believe in yourself, you have to believe in Chief Minister Luo." Xie Miao took out a note from her sleeve and put it on the desk. "This is the debate topic for this year's Jixia Academy. You go back and study it carefully. Old Mr Cui will attend the debate. If you can win his appreciation, your marriage to Xining will be half settled."

Sun Shenyuan was stunned by her words, and then he was shocked: "Miss Xie, you, how come you have this year's topic?"

Jixia Academy has been handed down for a long time and is a grand gathering that many students look forward to. Every year, the topic is jointly decided by several great scholars, and it is only announced on that day. Those with outstanding talents can become famous through this competition.

If what Xie Miao said is true, then the Jixia Academy will be suspected of leaking the topic. How can it be fair and just?

Xie Miao thought he was afraid and said calmly: "Don't worry, only you and I know about this."