Chapter 48 Encounters

Zhou Niannan's eyes slowly swept across the crowd, paused slightly, and then quietly moved away.

Princess Qingyang noticed his distraction and grabbed his sleeve angrily, "Zhou Niannan, did you hear what I just said?"

Zhou Niannan took back his sleeve and said impatiently: "Princess, in public, please pay attention to your propriety."

"So what if it's in public? Who doesn't know that you and I do good deeds--"

"Princess." Zhou Niannan reminded with cold eyes and a smile: "Misfortune comes from the mouth, and disease enter through the mouth. Be careful what you say."

He haven't seen her for several years, and she is still so ignorant of current affairs.

Princess Qingyang's smile suddenly froze. Then she let go and said with a proud smile: "It's an ironclad matter, so what if you don't want to?"

Zhou Niannan was too lazy to pay attention to her and went to the men's table. Princess Qingyang's eyes flashed with anger, but she could calmly say: "The day after tomorrow is my birthday, and Imperial Auntie asked you to accompany me to the temple fair. Remember to pick me up then."

She deliberately said this sentence clearly and loudly, so that everyone could hear it clearly.

She turned around, not shying away from everyone's gaze. Her red lips slanted slightly, she adjusted her hairpin, and sat down in the center of the ladies' seat as a matter of course.

No matter where she is, Princess Qingyang will be the one with the highest profile and the most attention.

This is also true.

Not long after, a group of chattering young ladies gathered around her, talking affectionately and flattering her. Even Gu Youlan temporarily abandoned Cui Xijun and turned around to talk to her affectionately.

Cui Xijun's surroundings suddenly became deserted. She stared at Princess Qingyang, who was surrounded by the stars, and recalled the rumours of her engagement with Zhou Niannan. Her fingernails almost broke the palms of her hands.

This princess is famous for being arrogant and savage. Anyone with eyes can see that Third Young Master Zhou has no affection for her, but she relies on her noble status to force Third Young Master Zhou to marry her——

Su Panyan was more or less aware of her secret thoughts. Seeing her face full of jealousy, she was shocked and asked in a low voice, "Xijun, are you okay?"

She used this to remind Cui Xijun not to lose her composure. Cui Xijun narrowed her eyes, and immediately after, looked at Zhou Niannan with implicit expectation.

He happened to look over and their eyes met. Cui Xijun couldn't help but feel her heart pounding and turned her eyes anxiously.

Is he looking at herself? Could it be that he also...

Of course Zhou Niannan wasn't looking at her, he was looking at a girl who had been pretending to be blind. He managed to persuade his mother to add Xie Miao to the invitation list for the Flower Festival Banquet. When he arrived at the scene, Xie Miao was not only not happy and excited, but instead she was like a shadow, silently hiding behind Cui Xijun.

Usually she is so capable, but when it comes to big scenes, she seems too reserved.

Zhou Niannan thought incoherently: Tsk, let her practice more, lest she cannot bear the title of daughter-in-law of the Marquis family in the future.

*

After Madam Right Prime Minister, Madam Marquis Dingyuan, and the other noble ladies appeared, the Madam Right Prime Minister gave a brief speech. Afterwards, the ceremony official announced that the banquet had officially begun.