Chapter 72 Reciprocating favours

In the sky, a fierce kestrel kept hovering over the Cui Mansion. As a short and loud whistle sounded, it swooped into the familiar courtyard and rested on the green bamboo sections hanging outside the window.

Cui Muli was standing by the window, stretching out his slender fingers and gently rubbing the top of its head. The kestrel seems to have a human nature, closing its wings and squinting its eyes, looking extremely comfortable.

He brought over the delicate food bowl and took advantage of the kestrel's meal break to untie the note tied to its feet.

After opening the note and reading it quickly, he fell into deep thought for a moment.

As expected, Niannan found the disaster silver in Zhou Sihui's Jiangnan courtyard. Judging from the time, it was probably buried underground during the construction period.

Cui Muli thought of another name given in Xie Miao's letter, Wang Yongqi, Minister of War.

Looking back at the Honghe River Valley silver disaster case, Wang Yongqi's name was prominent among them. After the tragedy, he, together with King Lao Huai and Yu Junfeng, the Minister of Dali Temple, went to Longxi to investigate the case and suppress the bandits. If he notices the clues, secretly investigates the truth, gathers the key evidence, transfers the disaster money without anyone noticing, then lies dormant for another eight years, and at the right time, he can use the facts of General Zou's crime to throw a basin of dirty water over the head of Dingyuan Marquis Mansion....

It should be noted that the highest level of frame-up is true and false, and it is difficult to distinguish between false and true.

Even though their positions were different, Cui Muli couldn't help but praise their patient planning. If it hadn't been for A-Miao's letter to warn him, the Zhou family might not be able to explain the situation even if they opened their mouths to beg.

It seems that the Fourth Prince's faction has been forced to worry about the birth of the Ninth Prince.

Cui Muli burned the letter, and Shen Yang happened to bring in an iron cage with a fat white mouse in it. The little guy didn't know that death was imminent, but he still held a piece of chestnut and gnawed at it.

The kestrel's eyes were blazing, and it immediately left the food bowl and let out an unbearable low cry. Cui Muli chuckled, and opened the iron door. The kestrel suddenly plunged into the cage, grabbing the white mouse firmly with its claws. Amidst frightened squeaks, the kestrel is happy with its big meal...

Shen Yang stepped back with the cage in hand.

Cui Muli walked back to the desk and sat down. He took out paper, and the pen flew away like a dragon.

Niannan already has control over the several servants in the courtyard. He secretly arranged for the transfer of disaster funds, and mentioned a name in the letter.

Hangzhou Prefecture Governor, Wang Keyi.

This man is Wang Yongqi's uncle. He has been the governor of Hangzhou Prefecture for many years. Just imagine, when Wang Yongqi found out where the disaster money was and learned that Zhou Sihui was going to build a villa in Hangzhou, he took it into consideration. He instructed Wang Keyi to tamper around and bury the disaster money secretly in Zhou Sihui's villa... and it went well... bury a weapon to deal with the Dingyuan Marquis Mansion in the future.

It is really a flawless plan.

Cui Muli smiled.

As the saying goes, a drop of kindness will be repaid by a spring, and vice versa. Since Wang Yongqi gave such a great gift to the Zhou family, how could they not reciprocate the favour?