Chapter 39 It started with Liao

A perfect match.

Cui Xining chewed these words carefully between her lips, with mixed feelings in her heart. When her eyes fell on Xie Miao's equally obscure face, she suddenly felt enlightened and blurted out, "Is this why you gave up on second brother?"

Xie Miao was startled, not embarrassed by being pointed out, "We are different."

Cui Xining and Sun Shenyuan were in love, but she and Cui Muli had always been one-sided. He remained calm and looked on with cold eyes.

"It doesn't matter if it's the same or different." Xie Miao turned back and stared at her, "The most important thing is, have you thought about what you will face in the future?"

It is true that Xie Miao knows that the two of them have a deep love for each other, and that Sun Shenyuan is not an ordinary person and will definitely make a difference in the future. However, the current difficulties are also real: the obstruction of her parents and the hardship of life cannot be solved by being sincere.

Out of selfishness, she hoped that Cui Xining could choose a smooth and foreseeable future instead of stubbornly resisting and standing on the opposite side of her family again.

Let's separate, live separately, and be happy separately. Wouldn't it be nice?

Has Cui Xining ever thought about breaking up? However, when feelings are involved, it becomes deeper and deeper. Besides, without Shen Lang, could she find a man who treated her more preciously than he does?

Cui Xining asked: "A-Miao, do you know who my eldest sister's husband is?"

Xie Miao said: "Fanyang County's Lu family is a powerful local clan. Your brother-in-law's father is the current clan leader. Your brother-in-law has a bright future."

"There is a bright future ahead of them." A hint of sarcasm flashed across Cui Xining's eyes, "When the Lu family proposed marriage to my eldest sister, my father was overjoyed. He bluntly said that the Lu family is a wealthy family. If the Lu family supports us, our family will have a bright future."

Xie Miao saw that her expression was gloomy and knew that there must be something hidden in this. She frowned and asked, "What next?"

"Fanyang is far away from the capital. The eldest sister only heard that her future husband was good-looking and distinguished, so she married him happily. However, when she married into the Lu family, she found out that her husband had several tongfang maids, one of whom was his nanny's daughter. Childhood sweethearts, they hooked up together in their early tenth year—"

Xie Miao stared in shock, "Ten, ten-years-old?" This is too ridiculous!

"Do you think everyone is like the Cui family, where the family training is strict and they are not allowed to take concubines?" Cui Xining smiled sadly, "What's more, even in the Cui family, my father secretly has an outside concubine."

"..." Xie Miao was really shocked. She didn't expect that Cui Shida, a stubborn and strict person, could not escape the temptation of women in private.

"My mother has a submissive nature, and she would swallow her anger even if she knew it. When my eldest sister wrote a letter telling her that the wet nurse's daughter had given birth to the eldest son, and her husband wanted to make her his concubine, my mother advised her to be patient. My father said that a true man has three wives and four concubine, it is nothing special and is ordinary... As time went by, my brother-in-law became more and more aggressive. He actually stayed in the concubine's room day and night, becoming a stranger to my eldest sister." Speaking of this, Cui Xining couldn't hide her anger, "My father has chosen a good husband for my eldest sister."