Chapter 50 Something amiss

As he spoke, he leaned over and got very close to her.

Their eyes intertwined, their breaths were lingering, and they were just a little closer to...

Xie Miao leaned back suddenly, rolled over flexibly, and hid in a corner. She said with an averted face: "Today was an accident. Xijun and Princess Qingyang had a dispute. I can't just sit back and ignore it."

Cui Muli reminded: "Xijun has never liked you."

Xie Miao replied bluntly, "I don't like her either."

"You could have stood aside." Cui Muli analyzed calmly, as if Cui Xijun was a passer-by instead of his beloved sister, "She should bear the consequences of the trouble she caused. You did not hesitate to open old wounds to save her. Who knows if she would appreciate it?"

Open old wounds.

Xie Miao lowered her eyes and said calmly: "If my father in the underworld knew about her, ​​he would also want me to protect her."

If she hadn't come to the Flower Festival Banquet, this matter would have nothing to do with her. Now that she is here, she and Cui Xijun will represent the Cui family after being entrusted by her aunt. When Cui Xijun was humiliated in public, the Cui family's reputation was humiliated. She had received the kindness of the Cui family and could not be an ungrateful person.

Hearing this, Cui Muli felt slightly stagnant.

Madam Xie and Xie Miao never mentioned Xie Hean. Everyone only heard that Xie Hean and his wife passed away due to accidents early in life, leaving little Xie Miao and Madam Xie to rely on each other. Later, Madam Xie went to the capital to marry Cui Shishuo, while Xie Miao stayed alone in Pingjiang. Four years ago, she and two maids travelled across mountains and rivers to the capital and joined the Cui family.

He once thought that she was superficial, simple enough to see through at a glance. But since last year, her temperament changed drastically, and the truth revealed subsequently has reshaped his perception inch by inch.

It turns out that he knew so little about her, but now, he wants to know more and more.

He had always followed his heart, so he asked, "What kind of people are Uncle and Aunt?"

Xie Miao looked a little confused. No one had asked about her father and mother for a long time. They seemed to be washed away by the torrent of time, and their colour became lighter and lighter. It was so pale that when she recalled it again, she was no longer as sad as before.

She suddenly had a strong desire to talk, and without caring about who was in front of her, she said without hesitation: "My father is impatient and always does things in a hurry. My mother is the opposite of him. She has a patient and slow temper. Two years after they got married, my father took the exam. He was a tribute scholar and was sent to Luocheng to serve. My mother originally planned to go with him, but she found out that she was pregnant with me and had to stay in Pingjiang. After I turned one year old, my mother took me and my aunt to Luocheng to reunite with my father. At that time, Luocheng had begun to regain its prosperity, and my father was deeply loved by the local people. They erected a stone statue for him in the temple. The stone statue was more than eight feet tall, tall and brave, and more majestic than my real father."

"My father often carried me to the stone statue and told me that it was the people's recognition of him as an official. In the thirteenth year of Mingde, my father was recommended and sent to serve in Shu County. My mother and aunt packed their bags happily, and at the same time, children in Luocheng disappeared one after another..."