chapter eighteen: A new hope, very small, unrealistic hope.

-Lloyds pov-

The atmosphere of our group has lightened considerably as we were traveling to Lake Hylia. Light conversation filled the air around us, as did the glow of the afternoon sun.

We had just reached the bridge spanning across the shimmering lake, when everything was cast into shadow.

"Ooh!" Zelda sighed as she looked up. I followed her gaze, and what I saw took my breath away. A glowing gold and yellow dragon was silently gliding through the air above us.

It was beautiful!

The majestic creature was calming to watch. Or until glowing electric spheres floated to wards us.

"Princess, take cover." Link ordered, and Zelda obeyed, along did the rest of us. Link stayed in the rain of fire however.

"Jay!" I yelled. "Could you deflect the electricity?" Jay pounced out from behind a rock. Jay looked at the electrical spheres grinning. He used his elemental powers to disperse the electricity.

"Heh, shocking, I know." We all internally groaned as we push ourselves up and started running across the bridge. We ran until we reached the other side. By now the dragon had reached a distance far enough away that we needn't worry about attacks.

We slowly caught our breath from running that far as we watch the dragon silently fly away.

"Who knew such a Beautiful creature could be so... So-" I searched for the word, but when I couldn't find it, Jay cut in. "-shocking?" "Jay, stop it with the lightning pus. Nobody likes them." Okay, sometimes they're funny, but he needs to know when is, and when is not a good time. Also, once you hear the same joke twenty thousand time, it starts to get old.

"The dragon's name is Farore. Named after our goddess Farore. We are also close to the region Faron, named after the same goddess." Zelda informed us.

We watched Farore in silence for a few more minutes. Farore soundlessly glided toward the clouds, and towards the unknown. Or so I thought.

The clouds shifted the closer Farore approached. They moved together to make a whirlpool out of clouds, through which the dragon flew. This felt familiar... But how?

Click.

"The cloud kingdom!"

Everyone looked at me confused. "What?"

"The Cloud Kingdom! Farore went to the Cloud Kingdom. It's the place where all the decisions about Ninjago's destiny are made! I can't remember where I learned this, but I must've at some point. Maybe Sensei told me? I don't know... I just, know."

The blank look on everyone's face told me they didn't understand what this ment.

"If we can get through that portal, they can send us home!" I better not be giving them false hope. Everyone's faces lit up with excitement. For once in several days, we had hope. Very small, probably unrealistic, hope.

That hope better last.