Life Stealer (Chapter 145- End of Part 1)

Start from the beginning

You: I'll free us from this state. Just you wait.

Turning back, you follow the steps of the Black Knight which trail through the sand. His meddling was easily the only explanation as to why this all occurred in the first place. A grim look appears across your face as each step is a stumble forward. You are in no shape to fight, let l alone take on the Black Knight. But what else was there to do? Without knowing the exact cause of the phenomena, there was no telling if you could wait it out or not. Confrontation was the only answer.

You: Black Knight, I'll be the one to take you down, and I'll make sure of it.

With each step, you breathe deeply, and each subtle movement is paced by your breathing. A soft wheezing and the taste of blood fill your throat and mouth. Muscles are entirely shot and burning in extreme pain. Pure adrenaline and determination fuel your body to continue to press forward.

You: The cause of the shutdowns and mindless death... Today, I'll finish what I should have done a long time ago... Something that I should have done much sooner... Playing detective... Playing with a girl... Friends who don't know what they are doing half the time... I could have spent that time hunting you down...and KILLING YOU! WHERE ARE YOU! SHOW YOURSELF YOU BASTARD! YOU HEAR ME!

Black Knight: Such words... What would they think if they heard you...

You: They were only in the way... In the way of my true goal!

Black Knight: Heh, listen to yourself rambling. You barely are standing, let alone able to move. Or have you gone mad?

You: I can't wait to pierce your heart...

Black Knight: Yes, let your hate flow. It's what we trained you to harbor.

You: Shut up!

Black Knight: Where was this? Oh, I missed seeing my dear friend worked up and with those eyes! Yes! SHOW ME! SHOW ME MORE OF YOUR DESPAIR! I LOVE IT!

You: I'll give you despair...!

Black Knight: Ahh... If only you were like this all the time, I wouldn't have to do this. But orders are orders. I may have made it more enjoyable for myself taunting you, but I should tie up this loose end...

You: Damn you!

The trail begins to cut short; the last location of the Black Knight was close. Your mind has been shattered. Your personality is fractured and twisted; thinking has become a guess. What is even happening? What is happening? What am I doing? Oh, that's right, I am telling this story. I created this. I created You.

You: My head.

That's what you would like to hear, right? What do you think you want to think? Just imagine what you could do if I weren't the one behind the text.

You: Shut UP!

It was a spiral.

You: Stop talking.

The space was cold and twisted.

You: None of this is real!

Oh, it is my dear boy. Everything that happens, happens for a reason, does it not? I allow this to happen. I allow you to move forward, forge relationships, forge ahead, and fight against all odds. Without me, what are you? Just a character in a fictional tale. And You! Why are you listening to me? Why do you keep reading? Is it for a happy ending? Is it for a story that is different than what you think might happen? What could happen? The possibility of the Author to change something you wouldn't expect. Well, I am sorry, but I, am in CONTROL. This is MY tale. I WEAVE whatever that happens.