Vastly Broken (Chapter 129)

(Morning July 13th)

*Your POV*

Riding in Sae's Car, you sit in the passenger's seat per her request. The drive to school is quiet and long, but a gentle smile across both Makoto's face and yours is enough to tell the story.

Sae: I might be okay with your guy's relationship, but please don't let it go to your heads.

You: Sae-san, I promise I am not going to hurt Makoto.

Sae: *Sighs* I know you won't. You are a good kid, but the fact of the matter is she is my sister at the end of the day. Expect me to be extra hard on you, knowing you are dating her. I will give you extra assignments to take up your days, so be ready for sleepless nights.

Makoto: That isn't fair, Sis!

You: It's alright, Makoto. Sae knows I'll complete them quickly anyways. With Akechi and I together, we can tackle anything.

Sae: You two have been talking a bit, haven't you?

You: Akechi-san? I guess we have. I wouldn't call it a distinctive friendship, but he certainly has taken a liking to me. I can see us working well in the future.

Sae: Just my luck huh.

The rest of the ride quiets down until arriving at the school gates. Makoto exits the car first; Sae takes a moment to give you a quick talk.

Sae: I trust you a lot, kid. Don't make me throw you in cuffs because I can and I will.

You: I know you aren't joking about that, but I know you are saying that as a sister, Sae-san. I am jealous of you. I am an only child, so seeing your relationship with Makoto is nice. I'll see you when I get back to work.

Sae: You two take care now. I am going to be asleep as fast as I can when I get home.

Makoto: Drive safe Sis.

Sae drives off, leaving you two alone. The school has been barely open, but students have been pouring in from the streets. Makoto takes a deep breath before facing you.

Makoto: Shall we review some material before the Exams start?

You: Sure, Student Council room?

Makoto: You read my mind.

She takes your hand and quickly leads you through the halls. Classmates and teachers look past as you weave by. She unlocks the door, and you both enter. You set your bag into a chair before taking a deep breath. Then, there is a sudden locking sound on the door, and you turn to see Makoto locks the door, leaving you two alone.

You: Makoto, what are you doing?

Makoto: I thought we should do something else instead; I only said we should study as an excuse. I know you'll be at the top of your grades without my help, and I have been reviewing questions for weeks.

With a skip, Makoto kisses you and wraps her arms around you. Making out with her, she sits on the couch. Patting the cushion next to her, you sit. She grabs her back and digs through it for a moment.

You: What do you have planned this time?

Makoto: Don't make it sound like I had this all orchestrated. I figured we could do something that seems typical for couples to do.

You: And you had to lock the door for it?

Makoto: Well, it would be very embarrassing if someone came through the door and interrupted us. Here, lay your head on my lap.

You: What?

Makoto: Did I stutter? Come on, this will be relaxing, trust me.

You: O...Okay.

Following her instructions, you gently lay your head onto her lap. The soft feeling of her warm thighs on your ear and cheek gave you goosebumps. Her slender fingertips caressed your cheek and hair gently.

Makoto: We still have some time before Exams start.

You: Right?

Makoto: So, I figured I could clean your ears.

You: Clean my ears?

Makoto: Yeah! Wait, do you not clean friends' or families' ears in America?

You: Not particularly. I don't think that is a normal thing over there. We usually clean our own ears or when a doctor does it.

Makoto: Well, you'll love this—the personal Makoto cleaning experience.

You: Do I just sit still like this?

Makoto: Yep, if you want to close your eyes and rest briefly, you can. I know you had a rough time the past couple of days. I can see the look on your face is more than exhausted. I would love to talk with you, but please, you should get as much sleep as you can. You worked hard to save us all, and you deserve it.

You: I don't know about the ear cleaning, but I might let myself get a couple of winks. I used a lot of my energy to get you guys out of the Cognitive World, enough to cause me to feel sick.

Makoto: That's fine, just relax.

With a soft and weird feeling, she softly begins to brush the inside of your ear with a fuzzy ball on a stick. It sends chills down your spine, but oddly, it does soothe your senses, and sleep quickly begins to take hold. Slowing your breathing, you feel yourself drifting to sleep. Makoto smiles as she continues in the quiet peace of the room and the time spent with you.

As she gently prods your ears. You begin to drift in and out of consciousness. Until the dark abyss sweeps you, you feel yourself drifting. The sweet aroma of Makoto fills your nose, and you nuzzle into her thighs a bit more. After a little while, Makoto gently taps your cheek to wake you up, instructing you to turn to your other side and move to the opposite side of her. She quickly starts to clean your other ear. A nice little moment with Makoto lets you relax, growing closer to her, your bond deepening...