Grasping Between the Lines (Chapter 113)

*Morning July 12*

Your POV

Arriving at school, Ryuji sits near the front gates, waiting for you to come.

Ryuji: Yo!

Ren: Yo.

You: Yo.

Morgana: Yo.

Ryuji: Ooookay, that was a little weird.

You: Everything is always weird.

Ren: Right.

Ryuji: Anyways, what are we going to do with the rest of the group?

You: I'm working on a plan for that. Again, it would be best to see how they are holding up.

Ren: Should we check on Yusuke, then?

You: I think you two should go to Yusuke and Ann's place and give me a call after you are done. I'll check on Makoto and see how she is doing.

Morgana: Sounds like a plan!

You: See you guys soon.

Upon entering the school, you attend your classes as usual. The day flies by, and you hear the final bell ring before long.

*Afterschool*

Parting ways with Ryuji and Ren, you take the train to Makoto's place. The walk was mainly quiet as the sun began to set. You were taking the elevator up to the floor, reaching the door. With a couple of knocks, you wait for a response.

The door opens gently as Makoto stands there in her sleepwear. She hides her face behind the door.

Makoto: Hey, Y/N. What brings you here?

You: I just wanted to check up on you. You weren't at school, so I just wanted to see how my girl was doing.

Makoto: Oh, that; I wasn't feeling too well, so I took the day off.

You: I noticed.

She seemed off. Her voice was almost too responsive and automatic. Her movements were stiff and a little sluggish. Her hair and how she positioned her head would hide her face most of the time. I figured it was just her in the trance of whatever affected them.

You: I just wanted to stop by quickly; I need to be somewhere.

Makoto: Oh, don't leave, we have to catch up.

You: Excuse me?

Makoto: I know why you wanted to see me, hon... I understand why you wanted to come tonight...

You: Tonight? I just wanted to

Makoto: You should know better when a girl has to ask!

Disturbingly, Makoto tilts her head, and the wicked look within her eyes is twisted by some dark mist-like substance that resembles the abyss. Her creepy smile and the knife she hid behind her shine in the light. Without wasting a moment, she charges with the knife and slashes your cheek.

You: Makoto!

Instantly realizing that behind her crazed eyes is someone or something controlling her unconscious body. She swings the knife once more, but using the skills you learned in the force, you quickly twist her wrist and cause the hand to release the weapon; she tries to bite your neck, but you kick out her knee.

Dropping to the ground, you toss her to the side, defend against her retaliation, and pin her on the floor. Pinning her completely you, she sighs, slowly shifts away, and returns to the resting state that she was before.

You: That was very unexpected...

You carry Makoto to her bed and patch the cut on your face before suddenly realizing that if she had acted this way, what would have occurred with Ren or Ryuji? Without a second wasted, you quickly leave her and call Ryuji. Hoping you aren't too late to help them.

Thank you guys for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I know this was pretty short but the in between of each chapter is getting a bit harder to write so sticking with shorter side of chapters before I can get it into full gear. But it should be alright for now.

Due to some issues and problems I am facing in life, I am now promoting my Patreon to anyone who wants to support me financially; this will not only provide me with some income, however small or large it is, but it will allow me to focus even more effort into writing for you guys. It is entirely your decision to check it out and provide me with any money you want to give me; the lowest starting is 5 minimum. It is entirely up to you again, patreon.com/AKAustin is my Pateron for you to visit! Well, I will See you all in the Next one! Thanks again!