Mission Start (Chapter 20)

*After School May 16*

After taking a long train ride by yourself, you finally arrive at Yusuke's living address. You don't see your friends around and quickly take out your phone to text Ren.

*Your Text: Ren, are you guys inside?*

*Ren Text: Yes we actually did get in, Yusuke is doing a painting of Ann as we speak.*

*Your Text: Did you guys find any clues?*

*Ren Text: Not exactly. However we will as soon as we are done.*

*Your Text: Alright, I guess I will wait till you guys are done.*

You begin to end the text and put away your phone when suddenly, your phone buzzes. Your eyes open wide as you see the Meta Nav app pops onto your screen. You read the text on the screen.

You: "Search History confirmed, Madarame's Palace." W..What? So he does have a Palace...but... Why do I have it on my phone already? It says I already searched his Palace before..but when? I don't remember ever going into someone's Palace before... W..What is going on here.. Is the Meta Nav busted?

Meta Nav: Confirming location. Infiltrating Palace.

You: W..What?!! No! Cancel!

You feel the sudden shift of the world warp and fizzle in front of your vision. You blink in confusion as the reality starts to shift and you stand in front of a large museum. You notice that your Phantom Thief outfit is already equipped to you. You look around and see no one around, you try to head back to the real world but the Meta Nav app is somehow locked out.

You: Why won't it let me return! It did this when I first went into Mementos... How is this possible. Well I guess I am here now.. I better help the team out and scout ahead. Maybe I can find something out before our mission fully starts...

You put away your phone and begin to approach the museum. You look at it as you get closer, that's when suddenly you feel the same images flash in your mind as they did last time at the art exhibit, however you seem to recognize what they are, it is Madarame's Palace.. It's like.. you've been here before but not really, almost like you saw someone else's memories. You shake off the dizzying feeling. And head around the side to jump over some pillars to reach the roof of one of the buildings. You see one of the panels are open.

You: I can infiltrate from here.

You slip inside and find yourself in front of giant paintings of warped people. You take mental notes of each one but it seems to be for naught as they are hardly recognizable and probably won't lead you anywhere. So you begin to slip through a few doors, noticing some shadow's patrolling around the exhibit as guards, you do your best to sneak around.

You: *Whispering* It would be best if I don't get caught up in unnecessary fights, only scouting out for the guys is my main goal. Let's stick to it.

You begin to slip behind some thin walls and come across a laser field alarm system. You look for a way around to see if you can bypass it, no such luck. However you notice that just above it is a study pipe that can be used. So channeling your power, you summon the purple flaming shadow that reaches and grabs onto the pipe. You reel yourself in like a grappling hook and flip over the laser field. However you realize that you aren't used to doing acrobatics and so when you landed you had to do a soft tumble that made some noise.