Relentless Potential (Chapter 21)

*Madarame's Palace May 16*

Surrounded on all sides, you raise your sword in defense. Madarame's guards begin to enclose on you, their shadowy bodies slowly approaching you with weapons in hand.

You: Alright..! Come and get me!

You rush forward and strike at the nearest one in front of you, your blade slices through its arm. It tries to counter with a strike with its other arm but you duck right under it and twirl your blade around and slice right through its body, causing the shadow to fade away. You are then rushed by 3 more shadows, causing you to dodge roll away from them, you summon your power and draw upon it. Your sword lights up in the dark purple shadow, you unleash the might behind your power and it consumes the 3 shadows instantly.

Focusing your attention around you, one shadow jumps into the air to strike you. You parry with a kick to its stomach then pierce it through. However it still lives and grabs your arm tightly and nearly crushes it. You yelp in pain before driving the blade further in, causing it to die. The pain of your damaged arm causes you to stagger a little.

You: It's not broken at least.. but I can't last much if I keep taking injuries..!

You jump and twirl into the air, slashing another shadow, their head falling off. Upon landing you don't let up and keep moving, letting speed be your biggest advantage. Dodging right under a strike from above, you side sweep another shadow and it falls to the floor, you slice through it like butter and it fades to nothing. That's when a big shadow approached, seemingly being a higher ranked shadow.

Shadow Commander: This little pest is mine! I will make sure he pays for intruding on master Madarame's exhibit..!

You: A big tough guy eh..? I guess I will whip you into shape to set an example..

Shadow Commander: It won't be easy, I will make sure you are broken before you can even lift a finger to stop me!

You watch as the shadow transforms into a giant, monstrous, creature wielding a massive sword in hand. It has dark brown skin with a leathery texture to it, wearing a long robed pelt of some kind with giant boots. You grit your teeth and raise your sword and defense once again. The shadow strikes with his heavy sword and all you can do is duck right under it and avoid the tremendous strength of this shadow. Stepping back you flip right over the blade and cling to his arm, flipping up to his neck you swing your sword, slicing a chuck off his face. The shadow reacts by quickly rolling to the floor which causes you to lose balance and fall off of him. While trying to get to your feet the shadow kicks your side, launching you into the air, your breath is caught in your lungs and you can't breathe. As you begin to descend to the ground, the shadow raises its sword and slams the pommel right into your chest towards the ground. You hit the floor and below you it begins to crumble from the force. Screaming in pain you begin to feel the stress on your body quickly, the pain from the attack leaving you stunned.

Shadow Commander: You ain't worth killing..! Boys go have fun. I am tired from being bored by this pipsqueak..!

The shadow raises his sword pommel from your chest and you try to catch your breath as you begin to feel a sudden rush of air hit your crushed body, you can't help but cough in pain as you feel the presence of other shadows growing closer.