"Shivoham...," he finally stopped hearing a cracking whisper from his side.

Breaking out of his thoughts he turned his eyes to Tara who had tears running down her cheeks after hearing him speaking about another woman so passionately.

"Why are you crying sweetheart ?" Something switched in a second and he became a concerned fiance again as he cupped her cheek and brushed off her tears with his thumb.

"You are speaking about another woman...so passionately in front of me,"Tara cried out, not worrying about where she was standing , anyone could see their confrontation.

Shivoham let out a dry chuckle as if nothing affected him. As if just now he did not confess his thoughts of Chandni to Tara..

"What a naive woman I have got?" he chuckled, grazing his finger on her damp cheek.

"Those weren't my words Tara. It was what Sabiq told me about his girlfriend and that is what I recited to you," he said the first and most believable lie sitting on his tongue.

And like a naive woman Tara was she let out a surprised gasp and then melting down in his arms she hugged him believing in whatever he said.

"I need some fresh air, dear. Can we go outside for a bit," Tara requested.

Shivoham turned his eyes one more time to Chandni who was entering the party hall with Sabiq by her side.

"Why not Tara," he said, finally breaking his gaze from her and going from there.

...

Chandni wiped the tears from Peach's cheeks and hugged her softly.

Peach could not control herself anymore and whispered whatever Nusrat and Tara said to her in Chandni's ear.

Chandni was shocked to hear what both the women said to a sweet girl like Peach only because she was wearing an off shoulder dress. That was truly insensitive of them. By now Chandni knows that no matter what Peach shows she has a very tender heart and as her friend she took it her responsibility to keep her safe from bad words and bad people.

"Peach, why are you crying?" Sabiq asked, bewildered by her tearing up in such a delightful function.

Before Peach could say something Dev was on her side,"Babylicious why are you crying?" he asked Peach in worry.

Peach looked towards Chandni for help; she simply cannot tell him about what his friend's fiancee has said to her.

"Peach isn't feeling well, Dev sir. These many people are making her anxious," Chandni uttered the most believable lie that she could say.

It was true in Peach's case. She doesn't like crowded places and it sometimes makes her nauseous and anxious. However now it was not the case but they cannot opt for the truth either.

Dev looked at Chandni as she spoke to him. In the last few weeks he has come to know her very well..she was not only his best friend's girlfriend but the only keeper of his and Peach's little secret.

The young girl has gained respect in his eyes as she has kept their secret intact till now not even sharing it to Sabiq. He did not think twice before believing her lie and snuggled his little girl to his chest.

"I am sorry Sabiq but I don't think we can be present here for more than a minute. Peach really grows anxious in the presence of many people. I would have ignored taking her here only if it was not Renee's birthday but now I think we both can not attend the celebration further," Dev said to Sabiq, holding Peach closer to him.

"I completely understand you Dev. There is no pressure. You guys can go," Sabiq said in reassurance and then smiled turning his eyes to Peach,"And Peach you don't worry I myself with Mehzabeen will come to meet you tomorrow with the biggest piece of cake. You take care of yourself. Okay ?" He spoke kindly to her.