29) Stranger

Chandni ran out of the classroom as soon as the bell rang

It was the first day of her job and she was already late.

Mr. Gonzales had to take an extra class today only!

Carrying her backpack over her shoulder she was running through the crowded corridor, stumbling and hurting a few people here and there.

"Sorry sorry," without even glancing at her victims she apologized and came out of the college premises.

"Taxi!!" She hollered and to her luck a taxi stopped and she got in without worrying about how it will be costlier for her to take a taxi.

"Bookish love library," she breathed out in between her rapid breaths.

With a nod the driver ignited the engine and after almost half an hour Chandni was standing outside the humongous library.

She paid the money to the driver and glanced up at the tall building. It was made in a European style

Not wasting another second she ran into the library.

As soon as she entered the library her feet stopped and she stood there at her place, amazed.

The library looked no less than a palace of the queen.

Her eyes roamed around the grand library. The colour brown was dominating it, the smell of wood and books with a mild smell of strawberries was floating in the air.

She raised her neck, trying to sum up the tallness of the library. She felt like it was touching the sky. Her eyes then turned to the spiraling shelves and the displays on the walls.

From afar she could manage to see the old yellow pages of the books which were older than her in age.

She has given the interview online, so she was not clearly aware of the beauty and grandness of this library.

However, now witnessing every part of the beauty of this library was leaving her speechless.

She was here to work but the thought of occupying a place at one of those polished tables and getting lost in the imaginary world of books was tempting.

Tearing her gaze and mind away from the beauty of this gorgeous library Chandni tried to focus on the work in hand.

Her eyes searched for anyone who could tell her what she could do on the first day of her work; however she found no one.