Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

His muscles looked even more defined, and I noticed the daisies that littered his arms. The tattoos looked fresh. His mouth hung open, and I sucked my lip into my mouth to bit my lip to stop me from crying. I watched as his eyes turned glossy, and that's when the tears fell from my eyes. Dom got up, and I lifted my arms up towards Midas. My body wracked with sobs before he wrapped his arms around me tightly. He made sure to be gentle, but he kept his arms around me in a protective manner. I never realized how much I needed his protectiveness.

He pulled away from the hug, cupping my head in his hand. His thumb ran across my cheek where I was cut. I winced, and his gaze hardened. His hands traveled, looking at the bruises and cuts all over me. The hospital gown covered most of it, but my exposed skin was enough for him to look like he wanted to kill.

"We found her, and she was shot in the abdomen. A man on top of her." Yusuf said. I didn't pull my gaze from Midas's face. His touch made me feel automatically better. It made me feel strong, and powerful. It made me feel safe.

"Where is he." He gritted, not pulling his eyes away from me.

"He's in the basement. We will have him transferred to your basement right now." Abel walked out of the room, calling someone on his phone.

"Look at the love birds." Dom sighed, and I rolled my eyes, not looking away from Midas's gaze.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt? Did this woman hurt you? I'll kill her. Do you want me to kill-" He rambled, causing both men to laugh.

"I'm okay, Midas. I just want to go home." I said, laying my head in the crook of his neck. His hand ran through my hair while the other ran down my back.

"We can go home." He whispered, holding me close to him.

"Would you like any help?" Dom offered and Midas shook his head no. Lyric placed clothes on the bed and I smiled at her gratefully. She left the room, and I sat up, wincing.

"Can you go get my prisoner?" Midas said, and I looked at the clothes in front of me.

"Of course." Yusuf said, opening the door.

"I'm gonna let you get ready. I'll be outside of the door if you need anything." Dom quickly left the room, leaving Midas and I in silence. He cupped my face in his hands, before kissing me. The kiss was soft and slow. It was full of passion, and adrenaline. He pulled away quickly, scared of hurting me.

"Can you help me?" I asked him, and he nodded his head. He grabbed both of my hands, helping me up from the bed. I groaned, slowly moving. Once I stood, his hands wrapped around my waist gently, but still held me up.

"I can close my eyes." He closed his eyes quickly, and I chuckled. I tried to untie the hospital gown, but my body screamed in pain.

"Please open your eyes and help me." I muttered, closing my eyes, scared of his reaction. I opened my eyes, feeling his gaze on me. I turned around slowly, and I felt his hands brush my spine. He untied the gown, and I turned around to face him. He pulled it off, the bra and underwear covering my body as much as I wanted it to. I covered my chest, and he clenched his jaw.

"I'm going to fucking kill them." He seethed, and I could feel the anger radiating off of him.

"I'm okay now." I tried to reason, grabbing the shirt.

"I'm going to burn the Irish and Russian mafia to the ground." He muttered, putting the shirt over my head. I slowly put my arms in. Midas grabbed the sweatpants before I sat on the edge of the bed. He kneeled in front of me, slipping my legs into the sweatpants before I stood up slowly. He pulled the pants up, rising up as he did.