Faded Ink: Chapter 11

"Wrapping up," Core said to Frisk, concluding the marathon of recounting how they were rescued.

"So, in summary, I found myself entangled in some sibling drama and ended up with PTSD. Why does it always have to be me?" Frisk expressed disbelief. Their prolonged suffering, condensed thanks to Nightmare's manipulation of time, stemmed from nothing more than his innate nature.

Frisk recognized the futility of being angry at Nightmare. He occupied a league of his own, triumphing over the constraints of Determination.

"Don't despair. Outlasting Nightmare is no small feat," Core reassured.

"All I want is to pummel him into oblivion, not endure long enough to witness his continued torment of others," Frisk declared resolutely.

"Looks like your rescuer has arrived," Core remarked, brushing off Frisk's earlier comment.

Dream entered the room, bearing a cake in his hands. "Is the alternate Frisk doing okay?" he inquired, his expression filled with concern.

"Huh?" Dream exuded a charming aura, not of physical allure, but rather of positivity that could uplift spirits. Frisk indeed felt a sense of calmness in his presence.

"Yeah, they're right here. I was just recounting how you handled Nightmare," Core replied.

"...oh. I hope you don't judge me for my anger towards that octopus," Dream said sheepishly.

"Nah, man! It was epic!" Frisk exclaimed, appreciating Dream's candidness.

"Oh, thank you. I brought this cake to help you unwind," Dream offered the cake to Frisk.

"What's it made of?" Frisk inquired.

"Cinnamon," Dream replied.

Without hesitation, Frisk dove into the cake, devouring it eagerly, paying little attention to the conversation happening around them.

"So, you've obtained another apple," Core noted.

"Yeah," Dream confirmed.

"And you'll request Ink to create another Guardian right after you defeat Nightmare, right?" Core continued.

"Sometimes I forget you exist even in the future... But yes, I believe it's necessary. The concept of negativity requires a physical form, but I'll offer guidance. I don't want a repeat of the Nightmare scenario..." Dream responded solemnly.

"I understand," Core acknowledged, recognizing the weight of Dream's decision.

Far from the trio and the Omega Timeline, in the Anti-Void, a glitched skeleton lay sprawled amidst the expanse of white, lamenting like a petulant child.

"Why does he always come out on top, huh? I had him right where I wanted him, and then he just bounces back!" the skeleton whined bitterly.

Beside him sat a crimson flower adorned with a peculiar infinite triangle pattern, with triangles nested within triangles. A large red eye gazed out from its center.

"Quit your whining," the flower retorted.

"Why are you even here?" the skeleton snapped back.

"This is the safest place around. I ran into Nightmare, and there's no way I'm engaging with that bastard," the flower explained coolly.

"Are you seriously implying I'm weaker than that rejected hentai project? Get lost!" the glitched skeleton snapped back.

"Whoa, chill! I'm sticking around because I can handle your intense temperature, alright? And you're not some abstract concept, so it's no biggie," the flower countered.

"RAAGH, LEAVE ME ALONE!" Error shouted in frustration.

"Sorry, not an option," the flower retorted firmly.

"That's it." Error pointed a finger at the flower and unleashed a scorching blast of heat, causing it to melt into nothingness. The Anti-Void was enveloped in silence, but after a few moments, the flower reformed.

"RAAGH! ANTI-VOID, CAN'T YOU BANISH THIS THING!?" Error exclaimed in frustration.

"No can do, I don't see the reason. Your benefits are not mine, but mine are yours," the Anti-Void responded in a strange tech font, the words appearing like texts above them.

"Ahah, even your little toy won't listen to you," The flower taunted.

"Not like it listens to what I say!" Error retorted.

"Anyway, are you sure you don't want to do some training or something? Some DT users always had something they called a 'Training Arc', where they got strong with a random buff? Getting humiliated by that ink spot must've been frustrating enough to motivate you to train, right?" the flower suggested.

"SHUT UP, will you?" Error snapped, clearly irritated by the suggestion.

"Just a suggestion from a higher being-"

"Higher being my ass, this whole 'embodiment of a concept' is so trashy, nobody cares you're human imagination but physical-"

"Always complaining, huh... Anyway, it's time for me to leave. Now you can stay alone. Are you happy?"

"YES, I am happy," Error affirmed, relieved to be left alone.

"You know, he was right," the Anti-Void wrote, as Red Flowey descended into the nothingness of the Anti-Void.

"I'm just tired, I exist only to be antagonized," Error admitted wearily.

"Exactly. You're only alive thanks to me, and you'll serve as my tool of destruction. Together, we will annihilate the Doodle Sphere," the Anti-Void declared.

"Sure thing, boss," Error responded obediently, resigned to its fate.

"Just wait until you unlock your full potential. The potential to harness my coordinates, and victory will be ours," the Anti-Void promised with confidence.

"I'll show that psycho..." Error declared angrily, his frustration manifesting in swirling error signs around him. The Anti-Void nearby began to melt, its form destabilizing as visions faded away.

SERIES ONE, FINALE