Chapter 39: High End

3rd POV unless I say so

Over the next couple of days, everything was quiet and classes were pretty normal. That's why it was after class that they saw it. Midoriya had called everyone to the living room to watch the news, saying it was something urgent. Everyone rushed there immediately, curious and worried. The news was broadcasting a fight between Endeavour and a Nomu. The Nomu was odd though, it's appearance and behaviour were both unlike a regular Nomu. This Nomu could think and speak. Since Nomu were creatures made from humans that can withstand multiple quirks, their brain functions dropped dramatically. They couldn't think or talk, they could only follow orders. They were mindless, emotionless puppets.But the one that Endeavour and Hawks were fighting was strategic, it had a clear personality and obsession with fighting the strongest. During the fight, the city around it was being chipped away at. The flames from Endeavour and the seemingly infinite attacks of the Nomu were causing large scale collateral damage, entire buildings fell and burned.

Todoroki could only stand and stare at the screen, his father getting bloodier and bloodier by the second. His eye and the left side of his face had a new gash in it while his many other injuries were bleeding profusely before he cauterized them. That was definitely painful. Hawks had lost most of his feathers while saving people from the area and also had his fair share of wounds. The Nomu on the other hand, had no injuries whatsoever. It likely had a super regeneration quirk in it's arsenal, seeing as whenever it would get burned, torn or stabbed it would always just heal. It also spat out other Nomu, the new ones attacking everything and everyone in sight. They kept the other heroes busy so they couldn't give Endeavour any backup, but the area around him was too hot for any of them to get near anyway.

The students were horrified. The no. 1 hero was getting way too close to being maimed to death on live tv. Nobody dared make a sound or move, too afraid to even breathe properly. Miyo texted Aizawa to see if he'd seen the news and he said he was on his way to the dorms. Todoroki looked like he was going to have a panic attack soon.

Crowds were starting to gather around the reporters, yelling things at Endeavour about how All Might was better. One kid didn't though. He yelled right back at them that Endeavour was risking his life to save them, that he would win because that's what heroes do. Meanwhile, the fight between the no. 1 hero and the Nomu was only getting worse. The Nomu had slammed him through a couple buildings, leaving him unconscious in a heap. It began to complain that there weren't any stronger people around, but Endeavour got up. He grabbed the Nomu and forced it into the sky, Hawks lending some feathers to give him speed. Up in the sky, Endeavour didn't have to worry about collateral damage.

He used his most powerful attack, Prominence Burn, and shoved his fist into the Nomu's mouth, not letting it get away. He burned it from the inside, leaving it as only ashes. By the time he got back to the ground, he was almost fully unconscious. He was just barely hanging on. The fight wasn't over yet though, as a ring of blue fire surrounded him and Hawks. Dabi, a member of the LOV with burns all over his body, walked through the fire and disappeared. The cameras couldn't see what was happening inside, but after a few moments the fire disappeared and so did Dabi. Ambulances and police started to show up, taking the heroes and any injured civilians to hospital and collecting the remains of the Nomu.

Back at the dorms, Todoroki squatted and held his hand to his face, relieved that his dad lived. Aizawa showed up, his missing slipper telling everyone that he came as quick as he could. He patted Todoroki's back as he tried to calm him down, not wanting a panic attack. After a few moments, Todoroki's phone started ringing. He checked the number and left the room, likely talking with his family about the fight.

Miyo was happy for him. He could keep his dad.

Notes

Hello, sorry for the kind of short chapter, I was rushing and I'm not the best at fight scenes. This is the last chapter of this book but I'm going to start working on the second one soon. It's called 'A Little Game (Part 2 of All For One's Daughter). There's also one more chapter in this book since I didn't want to end on 39, but it's just art I made. Well, see you next chapter!