Chapter 37: Culture Festival

3rd POV unless I say so

It wasn't long before Aizawa announced the UA Culture Festival. Each class had to pick something to do, like a haunted house or obstacle course, and let other students and their families partake. While the sports festival was where the hero course students showed off, this festival was mostly for the other classes. Aizawa got in his sleeping bag and went to sleep in front of the classroom,cleaving the students to decide for themselves what to do. Iida, being the class president, got everyone to pitch one idea each, write them on the blackboard and used the process of elimination to decide what to do. Things like a maid cafe, petting zoo, and food stalls got eliminated pretty quickly. Anything that would only be enjoyable for a small audience was a no, making Miyo sad when her idea of having silent book club got erased.

By the end of class, they still hadn't reached a decision and Aizawa said that if they couldn't pick, he'd give them a lecture in front of the school. Nobody wanted the humiliation or the other students hating them for doing a lecture, so they agreed to decide after school. Well, after school came and it took them till 6:30 to come up pick something. They combined a few ideas and were doing a skit. When it came to who would do what, they got a bit confused and competitive. Kaminari and Tokoyami were on bass, no arguments about that, keyboard was Yaoyorozu's job, Katsuki managed to get talked into drums and now they needed a dance team, special effects team and lead singer. That was where the main trouble was.

Katsuki: What about Miyo?

Mina: What about Jiro?

Both of them asked at the same time, causing more confusion.

( BTW, when they did the performance in front of the class for english a while back, Miyo asked if she could record herself instead and Present Mic agreed. Nobody other than Katsuki has heard her sing or knows she was in a band)

Mina: What? Jiro's really good at singing and music. Have you seen her room?

Miyo: Uhh, Katsuki?

Katsuki: Miyo was in a band. She has literally written, conducted and recorded over a hundred songs in the span of three years.

The class looked at Miyo.

Miyo: I uh, I wasn't going to tell them that.

Katsuki: Too bad.

Uraraka: How about we have a competition and vote!

Miyo: I think we should let Jiro do it if she wants to. I prefer folk music and my voice isn't suited for this style. Besides, I don't want to be in the music or dance team. I'd rather do special effects.

Katsuki: You sure?

Miyo nodded.

Uraraka: Even if we don't vote, can we do the competition anyway? I really want to hear them sing!

Mina : Yes!

Somebody already had a microphone ready and put it in front of Jiro, letting her go first. She started singing and her voice sounded great. Miyo quite liked it and found it somewhat similar to Maki's. Everyone started complementing her, making her blush, and the microphone was now in front of Miyo.

Miyo: I-I really don't think I can-

Hagakure: Come on! We really want to hear you sing!

Katsuki appeared behind her and pulled out his phone. Oh no. Miyo completely forgot she copied the songs and downloaded them onto his phone. He grinned at her while holding it high out of her reach so she couldn't grab it. He ran around and up to the microphone before pressing 'PLAY' on the screen. Miyo's voice could be heard with a few other instruments and she blushed when everyone stared at her, speechless from her singing. After a few moments of Katsuki looking at her with a triumphant grin, Midoriya piped up.

Midoriya: Fushiguro, your voice is amazing!

More people started complementing her and she hid behind Katsuki in a corner. People asked if she and Jiro could sing together, but she was adamant about not being on stage. She really, really didn't want that kind of attention, especially since she was already planning on taking part in something else Aizawa asked her to. He said it was optional, but she said yes anyway. Not that she would tell the others about it either way.

Everyone finally let it go and they started organising the dance and special effects teams, as well as what song they were doing. At 10 pm they finally worked everything out and Miyo could tell who went to bed early by looking at their eyes. Iida especially had massive eye bags, while Miyo was barely tired at all. People were confused and asked her what her usual bedtime was, but she would never tell. Not yet, anyway.

They all went to bed, much to Iida's relief, not long after they had everything organised and sorted. All they needed to do was practice and rehearse, except Miyo who needed to pick up a couple things and rehearse for something else as well. Mina was in charge of the dance team, Todoroki the special effects team and Jiro was on the music team but people could also go to Miyo if they needed help with instruments. They all practised at every spare moment they could, hoping they could be done in three weeks time.

Miyo would occasionally pop in the support department and one other department that was an offshoot of the support course every once in a while to work on something. Nobody knew what it was, but she was slowly getting there. It wasn't a requirement, but she wanted to make her own ****** and ********** (try and guess what she's up to). This was going to be fun, *cough* sarcasm*cough*.

Notes

Hello, nice seeing you. I got nothing to say, so see you next chapter!